Windows connection to NAS Linux based and Google Drive and Acronis True Image

Connected a windows share to a NAS Linux v5 Based Thecus N4100, N5500, N7700, and N8800. 

Google Drive reported the directory was not writeable. A quick look and all folders had a black square in read only. Took a look at the security tab and the only full control was for the NAS accounts. All windows account permissions that Google drive relies on were blank and unchangeable. This is by design for Linux NAS permission in Windows. No I cant change everyone to full control..

As google drive has no explicit NAS Linux account the only option was to have the NAS run in public permission mode. Yes google drive now installs.

But it's not a good fix. Acronis True Image Home backup can not log into the NAS. It wants a Linux account to browse despite it being public. But the public NAS has no account! No I can not make a Linux user and get google drive to work.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I suspect you would get a better answer on Technet.

This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)

If you give us a link to the new thread we can point some resources to it

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.