Windows 10 File Explorer won't launch.

So the only problem I've experienced with Windows 10 so far is File Explorer won't launch, not from taskbar or the start menu.  The system looks like it is loading something, the screen flickers black and redraws all the elements on the screen quickly without opening the window.

Any help would be appreciated, as I cannot access my files at the moment.

Answer
Answer

Try this: Under display settings, change the size of your text, etc. to 200% or 150%. I'm guessing you're at 175%.

For some reason, whenever I change my size to 175%, I cannot open file explorer/control panel etc, it crashes out with the same effects as you describe above.

348 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

So the only problem I've experienced with Windows 10 so far is File Explorer won't launch, not from taskbar or the start menu.  The system looks like it is loading something, the screen flickers black and redraws all the elements on the screen quickly without opening the window.

Any help would be appreciated, as I cannot access my files at the moment.

I also had this issue and changed the File Explorer option to open "This PC" instead of "Quick Access" and this allowed the file explorer window to open.

Win10 > Control Panel > File Explorer Options > "Change Open File Explorer to:" "This PC" from the drop down.

211 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2020 Views 95,818 Applies to: