Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365 2016. Word docs do not display on the File Explorer Preview Pane. Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and others all display fine.  How can I fix that so Word docs display also?

*UPDATE 10/27/15: I spent the entire day yesterday with 4 separate techs at our local MS Store, still to no avail.   Conclusion was it is a Windows 10 issue and will need to wait for an official MS fix.

That said; one of the MS store tech's sent me the below prior to my visit there ... maybe the Admin CMD window command suggested might work for some? I did not though for me...

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2019 Views 42,043 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Allan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

At the time of saving the document, please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

* Launch Microsoft Word file

* Go to File->Save As

* In the Save As window, check Save Thumbnail at the bottom of the pop up windows and click on Save.

Once done try to check if it displays in Preview Pane.

If it doesn't fix the issue, then try to repair the Microsoft Office 365 through Control Panel. Go to Control Panel /> Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program /> spot Microsoft Office, right-click on it and select Change. Go with Quick Repair or Online Repair accordingly to fix the problem

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

105 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.