Not enough memory to complete operation

I've seen numerous posts with this issue. It seems there's a basic flaw in Windows 10. I get the message when trying to copy PDFs (the current one is 465KB) onto a (huge) shared drive. Totally ridiculous. If anyone has a clue how to put an end to this I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
Answer
Answer

I had the same problem for over a week, but managed to solve it today! In my case, Windows 10 would give me the message "there is not enough memory to complete this operation" when trying to move certain (not all) PDF files from my laptop to my flash drive or external USB drive. As it turns out, it was an Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation glitch. I managed to solve it by opening Acrobat Reader DC and selecting "Repair Installation" from the "Help" drop down menu. It fixed the installation in a couple of minutes and the problem immediately went away, no reboot required. 

After reading this page today, I checked the PDF files that were giving me the memory problem and can confirm that they were all external files (made by someone else, not me) and had some level of security activated on them (scientific articles, contracts, etc), so I think Bonzai37 is correct, and the real problem has to do with permissions, not memory. Hope this is useful!

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
There's 1,000's of people in this forum that are more knowledgeable than I am. The fact that none have posted anything here, in my experience, would indicate I'm probably right. If I was wrong we'd all definitely know it by now. lol.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2020 Views 16,149 Applies to: