Network Drives Not Mapping Correctly Since Update KB3194798

Since the Cumulative Update KB3194798 applied last week, my network shares are not mapping correctly. This seems to only affect my DFS shares. When I do the Net use command from an elevated command prompt, the network drives a correct. When I do the same command from an user command prompt the shares are missing and therefor not shown in explorer. To correct this in the past the registry field: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ EnableLinkedConnections =1 has corrected the Admin Token vs User token mapped drive issue. If I uninstall this update the network drives show again. If I manually map the drives as a non elevated user the drives show. Since these are cumulative updates, I can't or don't know how to uninstall just the bad piece. Has anyone else been having this issue. Is there a work around. We map all of our drives through a login script and we are in a domain environment. 

Thank you,

We have the same problem, but only when you log  with an account with domain admins permissions.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jason,

Let me share with you this page to help you configure mapped network drives.

If still no luck, you may reach to our TechNet team through this link to troubleshoot the issue further as this matter already needs their level of support and I.T expertise.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

We have this issue too - i placed the Problem in the TechNet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jessica,

I am a new system engineer at my company, they use Kix32 to map drives and this has worked up to when they updated windows 10 machines with kb3194798. Now windows 10 logon scripts don't run unless you run them from the client manually. This is also true for the GP policy that specifically lists run specified program at logon, I added a simple batch file and it failed. I have tried all the settings suggested about linking logins, and changing delays to wait for the network and nothing works so far.

Do you have any certified way to make this work? I know about Group Policy drive preferences but that might not be best for this company.

Domain Controllers are 2008 R2, and clients are Windows 10 with the October surprise. I just want to run Kix32 if possible, I tried copying files to the local PC and running the Kix from there but the script doesn't run on Logon either.

Thanks

Jeff.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you get a working answer?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2019 Views 1,787 Applies to: