Need A Recommendation For A CJK Typeface That Prints Well

I’m a graphic designer who is working on a number of product manuals that are in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Can someone recomend a CJK san serif typeface that prints well? The type size ranges from 7 pt to 24 pt. 
Hi,
I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android, and a Designer. I am here to work with you on this:

I suggest all time typeface that perform exceptionally well for print:
'Source Han Sans'

Refer here:
https://blog.typekit.com/2014/07/15/introducing...

I also recommend to use "Noto Sans CJK {JP, KR, SC, TC}" for stylish font to print :
https://www.google.com/get/noto/
(refer image)

Noto CJK fonts come in 4 packaging formats. Glyph designs are identical regardless of the packaging format.

In font filenames, JP, KR, SC, TC represent Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese respectively.

If you need specific font for each language,
Hei Ti, a sans-serif that resembles “Helvetica”. (For Chinese)

Also try:
Mincho typeface, also known as Ming or Song , the most used font style in print for Chinese and Japanese.

It's main characteristics are the presence of small serifs vertical stroke width (vertical strokes are generally narrower than horizontal strokes).

Kindly follow this rules for perfect Japanese typography:
http://aqworks.com/en/blog/2016/09/20/perfect-j...

Noto Sans is best for Korean to Print.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for all of your suggestions! I'm trying them out. I was wondering if you've had print experience with Microsoft JhengHei? 

Christopher Panny

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have not used Microsoft JhengHei for print so far.
Microsoft JhengHei is optimized for ClearType, created for other character sets and uses.
These include Meiryo for Japanese, Malgun Gothic for Korean, Microsoft JhengHei for Chinese (Traditional), Microsoft YaHei for Chinese (Simplified), Gisha for Hebrew, and Leelawadee for Thai, and the ClearType Collection fonts designed for document use.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply, Ganesh. Would you be able to recommend a condensed CJK typeface?
Christopher Panny

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2019 Views 510 Applies to: