Question

Q: Missing msvcp110.dll on Windows 10

Hi there,

Ever since I installed Windows 10, I cannot open Adobe suite programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. I get an error saying that msvcp110.dll is missing from my computer. I checked the other questions that were asked on different versions of Windows, and people suggested to download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but I do not know which version of it is for Windows 10. Would the 2015 version solve my issue? Or it isn't even related?

Edit: As soon as I posted this questions, I tried to open Revit 2015(Autodesk software), and this time msvcr110.dll is missing. So I have two things missing now;

- msvcp110.dll

- msvcr110.dll

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category*** 

Answer

A:

Hi,

I can understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will certainly help you with this issue.

Msvcp110.dll is a type of DLL file associated with Windows 10 developed by Microsoft for the Windows Operating System. This issue could cause if the Msvcp110.dll file might have gone corrupted or not installed successfully.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below and check.

Method 1: Check your Recycle bin

Make sure you have not accidently deleted msvcp110.dll file. Check your Recycle bin to make sure its not there. If you find it just restore and see if you get the error again.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

1. Click “Start”, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.
  2. Note: If UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click “Continue”.
  3. Double click “Volume Shadow Copy Service” and switch to “General” tab.
  4. Change the “Startup type” to “Automatic” and click “Apply”.
  5. Click “Start” and click “OK”.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Download Visual C++ Redistributable

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio from the Official Microsoft website. Install it once download. This step will replace the old corrupted msvcp110.dll file in most cases.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, We will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

682 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 245,103 Last updated: June 21, 2018 Applies to: