Is there any way to index NAS in Windows 10?

I am a Windows 10 user, using NAS to store my files. I want to Fast Search data sing Windows Indexer. Is there any way in Windows 10 to index my files from NAS? Is this officially supported?

Regards,

Deepak Kulkarni

*******@hotmail.com / ********@gmail.com

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questionsfor more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

Indexing files from NAS in Windows 10 would be a great recommendation. To add this feature on the incoming updates, we encourage that you submit your comments and suggestion on our Windows Feedback hub. Your feedback will help us improve our ability to serve you and other users of Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
  5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2022 Views 1,463 Applies to: