filess deleted

after last update (oct.2018) all my files (music, pictures, videos etc.) are deleted, i mention that this files were kept on a different HDD not on the SSD where the OS is running, how is that possible?

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 157 Applies to:
Answer

Not that it helps you, sorry, but a similar thing happened to me. In my case it was the other way around. My files on the smaller SSD C: drive ( Documents, Videos, Music, Pictures Downloads ) lost files in Documents and in Downloads. But on my second HD the E: drive everything remained OK. Fortunately for me the bulk of my files were on the E: drive and the C: drive was very lightly used for data. I had made a backup and so recovered the few files it had lost from there.

Did you make a backup before the upgrade? If so you should be able to copy the files back from the backup. Its a good precaution to take beforehand.

If not, then use File Explorer and look for a "Windows.old" ( no quotes ) folder on one of your drives, probably C:, which should have been created at the time of the backup. Have a look in there to see if copies of the missing files are in it. Hopefully they are.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.