Duplicated Onedrive entry

I've installed windows 10 on a new pc, with a secondary hard disk containing my onedrive folder, taken from my old pc. I've configured onedrive in order to use that folder, and it's working fine.

The problem is that when I open Explorer I can see two onedrive icons on the sidebar, both of them pointing at the same folder.

How can I remove the duplicated onedrive entry from the sidebar?

Answer
Answer

Hi Daniele,

To resolve your concern regarding duplicated OneDrive entry, follow the steps below:

1. Search for regedit, and then press Enter.
  2.  Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
  3.  Go to SOFTWARE.
  4.  Click on Microsoft.
  5.  Select Windows.
  6.  Go to CurrentVersion.
  7.  Click on Explorer.
  8.  Select Desktop.
  9.  Click on NameSpace.
  10.  Check if you have several folders under NameSpace.
  11.  If there are several folders, highlight each folder, and then check the name of the Data on the right hand side.

12. If you see multiple folders with OneDrive as the Data, right click on it, and then select Delete.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore registry and Creating a system restore point.

Let us know how it goes.

40 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2020 Views 9,337 Applies to: