cut/copy/paste doesn't work windows 10

I'm happy with w10, upgrade from w7.  But I having frustrations with copy/paste.  It copies a segment from a web site okay but when pasting in an email it doesn't appear.  Is there a clipboard somewhere where I could store it? 

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2019 Views 60,711 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I just got a forced upgraded from win7 to win10.  It had been a very frustrating week. 

1) Win10 screwed up my monitor resolution.  I now only has standard resolution on my wide screen SAMSUNG SyncMaster S22B350 monitor. I checked that I have the latest driver from Samsung.  Wn10 is not compatible with the video card.

2) Win10 screwed up ctrl-c ctrl-v function big time.  It does not work in Notepad, in Word, in IE11, in Google Chrome, in Edge. I tried to update windows updates, and uninstall keyboard, nothing works.

3)Win10 introduced a lot of pop-up BS site at login, I could not get rid of, such as the http://forexbinarytrends.com/binary-option-traders-quit/?utm_source=at&utm_medium=pu&utm_campaign=Blog-03-06-16&siteID=56136&from=56136&utm_term=

and some popup unwanted ad ware. 

4) the windows defender is ****. Extremely slow and does not block a lot of ad ware and malware site.  It took 2 full days to do one scan, and still got a lot of ad ware and malware craps.  So I was forced to use 3rd party anti-virus software Bitdefender trial, the difference is drastic. 

Microsoft, please clean it up .  Thank you.

226 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Glad to hear someone is having no problem with cut/paste.

Did you download to a new machine?  If not, what version were you using? 

Highlighting on IE 11 works perfectly.   It's Win7 format but I'm used to it and most familiar with it.

Actually about a month after downloading W10 my HD crashed, was running W7 Ultimate. I was sent a new HD, downloaded W10 Pro to a USB dongle and did a clean install, for my surprise the install took less than 30 minutes vs the more than 24 hours it took to put on top of W7 Ultimate. It's been running absolutely like a brand new system since then. My machine is from 2011.

What about trying to delete from an auto complete window that shows you other entries and/or email addresses that you don't want to use. In the past, I highlighted it w/in the same window and deleted it with no issues.

163 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.