"called runscript when not marked in progress" followed by "Called install finalize when no install in progress" error messages on uninstalling a file on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 Error "called runscript when not marked in progress" followed by "Called install finalize when no install in progress"

I get the error messages "called runscript when not marked in progress" followed by "Called install finalize when no install in progress" every time I try to uninstall a file and I am not able to uninstall it.  I have Windows 10.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2019 Views 4,782 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

1. Are you the administrator of the user profile?
  2. Do you have the right permissions to access/remove the files & folders?

You may be facing the above issue due to the insufficient permissions given to the user profile by the PC’s administrator. The above error messages may also occur due to the inappropriate date & time set on the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if date and time is set proper on the system. If not, set the exact date & time of the day by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel and press Enter.
  2. From the window, select Clock, Language, and Region.
  3. Click on Set the time and date and select Change date and time from the window. Enter the administrator password if prompted.
  4. Change the data and time from the window, click on OK.
  5. Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, give complete permissions to the user profile by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Open the properties of the main User Profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc.). You can open the properties of a particular folder by Right-clicking on it, and select Properties from context menu.
  2. Go to the Security tab, and click Advanced
  3. Click on Change permissions located on the bottom of the window.
  4. Check the box at the bottom of the window Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object, and then click Ok.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.