Are there any ways to open a RAR password protected file?

Is there a way to crack or open a password protected RAR file?  I've got the rar file here and its password protected, I cannot open it without the password!! Can anyone tell me or teach me, how can I open it without having to enter any password? Thank you all.

Hi Jase,

Unfortunately WinRAR uses a very secure encryption algorithm (AES-256). There is no easy way for anyone to decrypt the contents. If the password is weak, your best best is find a tool that can brute force or dictionary attack the password. Let me add this process can take from a few days to hundreds of years depending on the complexity of the password. I have not heard of a single instance where RAR encryption has been by-passed so the chances are low.

-Sam

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Sam, I totally agreed with what you said there. very true indeed. Theres no possible ways unless the password is short or simple.

But what about are there any ways we could crack a RAR ZIP FILE?  rar zip file with password protected?

Are there any possible ways to crack that? Thanks Sam.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jase,

But what about are there any ways we could crack a RAR ZIP FILE?  rar zip file with password protected?

This one is again tricky. The ZIP format supports 2 compression algorithms. One is the very secure AES-256, the other is called Zip 2.0 encryption also know as ZipCrypto. ZipCryto is relatively weak and there is software out there to break it. You'll need to know which method was used to encrypt the file and get the appropriate tool. You'll have to bing search for the tools, but I know they're out there. Good luck.

-Sam

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Sam . . I'll see whats out there.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 8,694 Applies to: