Address Book or Contact List in Windows 10

Have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot seem to find my list of contacts or address book on the Windows 10 email icon (I was successful in adding Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts in Windows 10).  I think the addresses are there somewhere and can get them individually when I start a new email and type the name, but would like to have access to the list to add phone numbers, street addresses, etc.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 88,995 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Did you create a back up of your Windows live mail contacts?

You may get the contacts listed if you have configured the account a Imap type as Imap account synched the data between the server and Mail app.

The other way is to access Windows live mail contacts and export them into .Csv format and import them into Mail app.

Reference:

Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook

Peopleapp for Windows: FAQs

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

44 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not a very useful response. Windows 10 was to be more useful, not more annoying, or complicated, or labor intensive.

The more these systems are changed, the more contradictory they become. Every time I have to "up grade" a system I feel like I am being led around like an animal with a ring in it's nose. These episodes have really become "downgrades".

All of the time I spend figuring out a new system is lost time. It is not fun and it is not really productive. It is lost time, I do not care if the "up grade" is free, this is time I could use doing sometime I want to do.

By the way, The Original Question Was, Where Is My Contact List? Also known as an Address Book, also Known as a Distribution List. 

969 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Your so called answer doesn't appear to answer the question at all.  My contacts were synced when the accounts were added.  As tortus99 indicated in his/her post, the email addresses are accessible to send a new email, but how do I access the address book/contact list directly?  If I can't see mailing addresses, phone numbers, etc. and I can't update the information as needed, this isn't acceptable.

75 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not a very useful response. Windows 10 was to be more useful, not more annoying, or complicated, or labor intensive.

The more these systems are changed, the more contradictory they become. Every time I have to "up grade" a system I feel like I am being led around like an animal with a ring in it's nose. These episodes have really become "downgrades".

All of the time I spend figuring out a new system is lost time. It is not fun and it is not really productive. It is lost time, I do not care if the "up grade" is free, this is time I could use doing sometime I want to do.

By the way, The Original Question Was, Where Is My Contact List? Also known as an Address Book, also Known as a Distribution List. 

GREAT   I feel so much better that others share my frustration on this system.  CAN you truly answer the question" where do I find the correct path to get to my contacts"---I need to change an email address, and regroup some of my groups---like "manage address book".  Why won't you tell us the correct path to our question?

Possibly you email the answer to our direct "in Box".  Would that even be possible from your advanced system?

51 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

go to start - all apps - People

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes -  but in People you can't create distribution groups or choose a contact to directly email.  In the Mail app you can't see contacts so you have to start typing names to make them come up.  If you're sending email  to a large group of contacts you have to remember at least partial names and select them one by one.  Also, I haven't found a way to create rules for received mail since Windows Live Mail.  Outlook.com didn't support more than one rule, which was next to useless.  Now even that option seems to have disappeared.

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to find my contacts by going to people as was suggested, however, the groups I had have apparently disappeared. The individual members of the groups I had established in Windows 7 were still in my contacts but the groups are nowhere to be found. Do you yahoos at Microsoft realize how long it will take to enter 80 individual contacts when I used to be able to do it with 1 click? If this is your idea of more efficiency, it's no wonder this country is in the dire straits it's in.

37 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot seem to find my list of contacts or address book on the Windows 10 email icon (I was successful in adding Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts in Windows 10).  I think the addresses are there somewhere and can get them individually when I start a new email and type the name, but would like to have access to the list to add phone numbers, street addresses, etc.
Did anyone get a usable answer to this? I'm "simply" trying to create an email group, and I can't even find a contact list!

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

After spending over an hour with Microsoft which going in circles without an answer, I finally got the answer. It is go back to 8.1. I have done so and my computer is smiling gain.

Also has printing problems with 10, so I just gave up.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow just read thru the request for how to find contacts in windows 10 and so sorry I upgraded now. Microsoft how could you upgrade email without making available contacts so arrogant to make your users have to import all of their contacts and recreate groups. So I just want to know how do I go back to windows 8....... 

45 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.