Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi, 

Whenever I try to save edits to a photo, I get an error - Try Saving A Copy Instead: It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file.  - try to save a copy. If I try to save a copy, I get the same error. The photo I'm working with is local (on my hard drive). Any solutions out there?

Kerry

|

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

1. Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Security tab.
  3. Under Group or user names, click your name to see the permissions you have.
  4. The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
  5. Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.

If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your help.

It appears to be an issue with downloaded photos. I can edit photos from an SD Card, but photos I download from my Google Photos account or from Flickr are throwing the error. I can edit the downloaded photos in SnagIt and in Photoshop Elements.

I am logged in as an Administrator and I have all permissions on the file. The only permission that doesn't have a check is "Special Permissions."

Other thoughts?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am currently having the same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hadn't tried it in a while, but I just checked. I was able to download a photo from Google Photos, edit it, and save it.

I know there have been at least two updates since I first reported this issue. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1607. The last update I installed was KB3194496.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2021 Views 8,275 Applies to: