Transferring music from Windows Media Player to USB Stick

I am really hoping that someone can assist me with this, which should be very straightforward but is a nightmare.

I have all my music on Windows Media Player and all is fine with all the album art and everything showing fine, but the problem area is transferring the music to a USB Stick. Once you transfer the music to the USB Stick the album art details do not show up, but did when I had a program called Nokia Music installed, this has a facility to update files and then magically after this, when transferring my music from Windows Media Player to USB the album art was all there.

Sadly, now I have upgraded to Windows 10 Nokia Music will not install, so I am left with 2 options:

1). Buy a cheap old Laptop with Windows 7 or 8 installed and then install Nokia Music but why should I have to do this.

2). Hope that someone on the community can come up with a solution to this problem. I have looked extensively on the internet but am getting nowhere. There would surely be a lot of people who would love this resolved. Maybe Microsoft can come up with a fix so that the music on the Music folder in Windows 10 will copy everything including album art to USB.

Here's hoping and praying!!!!!

Keith

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The issue may occur if the Windows Media Player library or settings are corrupt and not adding the album art to the USB.

Let’s try the following methods and check.

Method 1:

You may try running the Windows Media Player library and settings troubleshooter and check.

Run Windows Media Player Library Troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below.

a. Press “Windows key + W”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Windows Media Player Library”.

e. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

You may also try the above steps to run the Windows Media Player Settings” troubleshooter and check for the issue.

Method 2:

As a work around, you may also try the following steps and check.

Step 1:

You may try to delete the mp3/media files added from the USB, re- add the files to Windows Media Player library and check.

Step 2:

You may try to copy the mp3/media files to a different location on your computer and check if the album art is displayed correctly on Windows Media Player.

Post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you. 

Akheel Ahmed P

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 14,160 Applies to: