Microsoft print to PDF

I am trying to combine different PDF files into one PDF files using the MS print to PDF. After highlighting the files i right click and select the print options however instead of opening the menu to give me the options on where to print it sends all the file to the printer.

Very annoying. I would appreciate any help as it is driving me crazy.

gio

I am trying to replicate your problem but don't have a print option if I right click on a pdf, how are you doing it? in file explorer?

anyway see if the following helps

settings ->devices -> printers and scanners

untick ' let windows manage my default printer' then click on Microsoft print to pdf, click the manage button then the set as default button.

if windows is managing your default printer it uses the one you last used, so after combining your PDFs (if it works) you might want to go back to letting windows manage the default.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It can't be done.  Even if you set Microsoft Print to PDF as the default printer, you'll still get separate documents as output.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I forgot to mention I am in explorer. Again I have highlighted the files I want to merge in one file using Microsoft print to PDF and using the right click the pop up menu shows different option including "print". I then click on the print option and it goes straight to the printer printing all the highlighted files one at the time. I have disabled the default printer as well as you suggested but it keeps going to the printer instead of showing me different print options. I have tried the same procedure using pictures files instead of PDFs and it works just fine.

thanks

gio

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

MS Print to PDF cannot merge PDF files, there are plenty of free options available on the Web, PDFMate Free PDF Merger is a good free option, Click HERE to download it . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

maybe I have a problem that I didn't know about, I don't have the print option in the context menu for PDFs, it's there for text, picture, excel etc but not PDFs.

I noticed that you can select multiple pictures to print to a single PDF, but I think Jim and Dave are probably correct.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2020 Views 9,103 Applies to: