How to set Paint to view .tiff files in Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows Photo View and Paint

I have scanned photos to a secure card.  I saved them as TIFF files.  I can see the photos via Windows Photo View.  They will not open in WIndows Paint.  Can someone tell me how to make this work.  I have several photos to a page and want to cut them off the pages and make them individual photos so that I can view them in a digital frame.

Please let me know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated August 17, 2019 Views 5,873 Applies to:

Hi Karen,

You may be facing the above issue due to unassigned program or application to open that particular file type on the computer. Assigning the default program or application for a particular file type will help in easy access of the same on the computer.

To assign Paint to view .tiff file type, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
  2. Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
  3. Locate .tiff file format, click on the program and select Paint application from Choose an App window.
  4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of viewing .tiff file in Paint on Windows 10 computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

27 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.