How to give permission to the user profiles on Windows 10.

Original Title: New Accounts - how to give permissions?

In addition to myself as administrator I'm setting up two additional Family Member accounts.
The operating system is on C drive but I've created folders on another drive..
f:\users\me\documents and \me\pictures..that's all fine
and wish to do the same for FM1 and FM2
How do I give permissions for FM1 (only) to view and access an use his documents and his pictures folders, and similarly FM2?
Thanks,
Pete

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2018 Views 6,605 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Pete,

You can give or restrict some of the user permissions (read, write, access) from Properties option of the user profile.

Follow the steps below to give or restrict user permissions to the user profiles and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

2. Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and open C: drive on the computer.

3. Open Users folder and select the user folder to which you want to give/restrict access.

4. Right click on the user folder and select Properties from the context menu.

5. Click on Sharing tab and click on Advanced sharing from the window. Enter administrator password if prompted.

6. Check the option Share this folder and click on Permissions.

7. Check box the boxes of your choice in the window under Allow option to result on the user profile.

8. Click on Apply and OK, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of giving permission to the user profiles on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.