Windows 10 login using PIN password is not working in Windows 10.

Original title: Windows 10 pin to log in not working

Hi, There,

When I first started using my new notebook, the pin was working- and for some reason, it now requests my password to log in each time.  I have tried changing the pin and restarting, changing my password and restarting... all to no avail.

While I don't mind using my password to log in, I would rather not have to spend that much time to just access my computer.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Hello Eli,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

Since the issue does not persist in the newly created user profile we can day that the primary user profile is corrupted.

I suggest you to transfer the necessary and most important files from the corrupted user profile to the newly created user profile by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open File explorer.

2. Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

3. Go to users folder by opening the C: drive.

4. From users folder, locate the user folder you want to move the files from and copy only the important files. Copying the whole users folder may corrupt your newly created folder.

5. After copying the files delete the corrupted user profile.

Note: Do not copy the entire user folder from the corrupted user profile as it may transfer the corrupted and missing files & folders to the newly created user profile causing the issue to relapse.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2022 Views 21,213 Applies to: