PRT SC not working on Windows 10

I was unable to use the PRT SC to capture the screen. Nothing works. Nothing is saved under the screenshot files. 

I need help!

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2019 Views 2,377 Applies to:

First, dumb question. Did you press Windows+Prt sc sysrq keys?

Second dumb question. Did you look in Local drive C (usually) folder Pictures-screen shots?

JMarco - ASUS K55-A laptop i7 3630QM proc, 16gb ram, intel HD 4000 video, 240 gb SSD, a/c 7260 wifi, W10 Home 3rd party sft-Chrome,iTunes, VLC3.0.6, Adobe ReaderDC, Speccy,Kindle,firefoxNitbeta,netfix

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also Prt Sc does not save to a file but to the clipboard, you have to paste it and save it yourself.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Second dumb question. Did you look in Local drive C (usually) folder Pictures-screen shots?

I am also facing same problem. Ya sure by just one click on the button it automatically used to save in local c drive(One drive by default) but now its not working. But to use it, after clicking the PRTSC button we have to open another program to paste it. Previous we should not have to do this. What is its actual problem, can anyone help me?

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also facing same problem. Ya sure by just one click on the button it automatically used to save in local c drive(One drive by default) but now its not working. But to use it, after clicking the PRTSC button we have to open another program to paste it. Previous we should not have to do this. What is its actual problem, can anyone help me?

You may need to go to your pc's mfg. support page -downloads and see if there is update for:

hotkey-related utilities

JMarco - ASUS K55-A laptop i7 3630QM proc, 16gb ram, intel HD 4000 video, 240 gb SSD, a/c 7260 wifi, W10 Home 3rd party sft-Chrome,iTunes, VLC3.0.6, Adobe ReaderDC, Speccy,Kindle,firefoxNitbeta,netfix

Sorry this didn't help.