MS has sorta created a "suggestion box" site separate from the "answers.com" forum, for users to suggest changes and new features. I'm not quite sure why they need a separate forum, but they appear to be listening to it.
It is similar to the “smiley”/”sad” face buttons you may have seen in the pubic beta versions of Office and Windows. But by using UserVoice you can see when others agree with you and in some of the site if MS has taken notice and is acting on the suggestion
I said that MS sorta created a Suggestion Box site. That is because if you look at all of the links you'll see that they are very random in quality and design and even in naming. Makes it hard to find some of them. One of them (windows) even gives you a limited number of "votes". When you run out of votes, you have to "unvote" and existing idea to vote on a new one. Or start using a different email to log in ... <sigh>
If you go to UserVoice to make a suggestion from a Answers forum question, it is a good idea to copy the link from Answers into the UserVoice suggestion, and visa versa. That way anyone who finds one, can easily find the other.
In a question on the Answers.com forum I have seen responses from MS employees that indicated that they are reading and reacting to the suggestion box ideas, ie:
Now I've seen independent "proof" that someone at MS does at least seem to look at the suggestions:
When you are making a suggestion, look for other similar ones. If you find one, "Vote" for it. You can also add a comment to emphasize specifically why you need it.
Send Feedback in Office 2016
Office 2016 has added a "Feedback" option to the File menu:
In my experience, the first 2 are "black holes". You send feedback via them and never see anything back from MS. The 3rd option, "I Have a Suggestion", provides a direct link to the appropriate UserVoice forum.
So, the best approach is to use BOTH option 3 and option 2. That way they see the complaint from 2 sources, to make it seem more urgent. As well, you can try posting a question in the Answers forum. Include a link to your UserVoice suggestion in the Answers forum so that people there also can vote for it.
How do I give feedback on Microsoft Office?
A more detailed MS support page.
Win10- Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
2017 05 18 Win10- How to Use Feedback Hub 3minute video
.2015 06 14- How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10
- Option One: To Send Feedback with prompt notification from Windows Feedback
- Option Two: To Send Feedback in Internet Explorer
- Option Three: To Send Feedback in Microsoft Edge
- Option Four: To Send Feedback in Feedback Hub app
2016 05 23- Windows 10 problem? Now everyone can gripe to Microsoft via Feedback Hub
... Feedback Hub ... Microsoft has opened it up to all users ...
Feedback Hub also lets users upvote others' suggestions, search for issues, and rate Microsoft's various Windows builds.
The app is available for anyone to install. However, it appears Microsoft is reserving some features for members of the Windows Insider program,
MS uservoice.com sites:
Here is a list of the uservoice sites I've identified so far:
- Office in general - http://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general
- Word - http://word.uservoice.com/
- 365 Video - https://office365video.uservoice.com
- ASP Net – http://aspnet.uservoice.com
- Azure http://windowsazure.uservoice.com
- Azure https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback.
- Band - http://microsofthealth.uservoice.com/
- Bing - https://binglistens.uservoice.com/
- Bing Ads – http://bingads.uservoice.com
- Bing Ads - https://bingads.uservoice.com/forums/82363-bing-ads-feature-suggestion-forum.
- Bookings - https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/314907-microsoft-bookings/
- Classroom - https://edu.uservoice.com/forums/289447-general/category/165585-microsoft-classroom
- Command Prompt - https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/266908-command-prompt
- Cortana – http://cortana.uservoice.com
- Delve - https://delve.uservoice.com/
- Dot Net – http://dotnet.uservoice.com
- Dyanamics - https://dynamics.uservoice.com/
- Education -https://edu.uservoice.com/
- Edge - https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/285214-project-spartan
- Enterprise Library –
- Excel - https://excel.uservoice.com/
- Excel Online - https://excel.uservoice.com
- Expression Coder – http://expressioncoder.uservoice.com
- Flow - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/ - Note Flow is going to be discontinued May 2018
- Forms - https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com
- Lumia Beta Apps – http://lumiabetaapps.uservoice.com
- Microsoft – http://microsoft.uservoice.com (apparently not really Microsoft ... )
- Microsoft Forums – http://microsoftforums3.uservoice.com
- Microsoft Knowledge Storage Engine – http://microsoftkse.uservoice.com
- Microsoft Pattern and Practices Cloud Guidance – http://pnpcloudguidance.uservoice.com
- Microsoft Web Matrix – http://developer.uservoice.com
- MSDN Test – http://msdntest.uservoice.com
- Multilingual App Toolkit – http://multilingualapptoolkit.uservoice.com
- MSDN Developer Network - http://feedback.msdn.com/
- Multiple Windows Developer topics - https://wpdev.uservoice.com/
- Office in general - http://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general
- Office Developer Platforms – http://officespdev.uservoice.com
- Office 365 Education - https://edu.uservoice.com/
- Office Forms –
- One Note - http://onenote.uservoice.com
- One Note Developers - http://onenotedev.uservoice.com
- OneDrive - https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive
- Outlook Online -https://outlook.uservoice.com/
- Outlook Windows - https://outlook.uservoice.com/
- Outlook Web Access - http://owa.uservoice.com
- Planner - https://planner.uservoice.com
- PowerApps - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/
- PowerBI - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi
- PowerPoint - http://powerpoint.uservoice.com/
- PowerPoint Online - https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/
- PowerShell - https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/301869-powershell
- Mix for PowerPoint - https://officemix.uservoice.com/
- Project - https://project.uservoice.com/forums/62461-general
- Sharepoint - https://sharepoint.uservoice.com
- SQL Server – http://manage.uservoice.com
- Skype Business - https://www.skypefeedback.com/
Feedback for Skype for Business
- Skype Consumer: use the community feedback boardon skype,
or the feedback option in the Skype help menu:
- Stream - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/
- Sway - http://sway.uservoice.com/
Tech Ed – http://msteched.uservoice.com
- Universal Windows Platform (Windows Platform Developer) - https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-app-platform
- Visio not found so far
- Visual Studio – http://visualstudio.uservoice.com
- Web Essentials –
No "UserVoice" for Windows. Make suggestions via the Windows Feedback app
No "UserVoice" Windows Phone. Make suggestions via the Windows Feedback app
- Windows Phone Dev –
- Word - http://word.uservoice.com/
- Word Online - https://word.uservoice.com/
- Xbox – http://xbox.uservoice.com
- Xbox Music – http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com
- Xbox Video – http://xboxvideo.uservoice.com
Some of these sites have options for the various versions of each application, ie Desktop vs Oneline vs Android vs Mac etc.
When you post comments / suggestions it is best to limit each submission to one issue. That way replies can be specific to that idea. And it makes it easier for MS to assign a submission to a specific development group or person.
I suspect there are more, but there is no single “master” page that shows all of the sites, and not even any/adequate cross links between the sites. I actually found several just by changing the app name. How does the average user get from the "command prompt" to the name "wpdev" (sounds more like a WordPerfect, aka WP, site <grin> ). I couldn't
So if you find any more, please post a reply to this wiki so i can add it to the list for others to use.
Note: none of the tags really fit so I had to make do.
Public Voice . . .
If you want to take your issue to the general public you can try a petition site like this one:
That petition was started by a online Windows reporter. Surprisingly, MS did react to this petition and other protests about the change in policy that eliminated of details about Windows Updates in Windows 10.
UserVoice Suggestions I've Followed that have been Acted On!
Bring back all of the old grammar checking rules - https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/10009743-bring-back-the-valuable-style-checking-tools-that
Back out change to make pen Ink default
MS Is working on this issue
341 total votes as of Feb 26, 2016 – Mar 2016 MS pushed out a Windows Update to at least partially fix the problem
52 voteTo using Surface Pro 4 Pen as a mouse in PowerPoint 2016 instead of inking - PowerPoint
106 vote Use the pen as a mouse - Word
153 vote let pen usage toggle between inking and pointer - Excel
My personal "favorite" suggestions (I hope some of you will vote for them too)
Please, can we have the default tab stop signs back to the ruler!!! (Word teacher in trouble) https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/9921564-please-can-we-have-the-default-tab-stop-signs-bac
Add a way to update all fields in a document https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/11685894-button-for-updating-all-fields-in-the-entire-documHThe initial suggestion is to add a button, I added a comment to add an “Option” to auto update all field codes (on assumption that documents are no longer all printed, may files are “e-documents” only.
Office 2016 does not properly use Windows 10 Application title bar color selection https://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general/suggestions/15476307-office-2016-does-not-properly-use-windows-10-appic
Reinstatement of the option to Pin Folders at: https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/12582018-restore-pinned-folders-in-save-options-in-all-offi
Recently Used List Sort order: Date vs Alpha as of Oct 14 2016
543 vote https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/10261443-recent-files-pane-in-excel-2013-was-pretty-good-b
Excel Suggestion “Under review” Nov 25, 2015 (wow, fast action) – Excel Done in October 2016 YAY!
QAT buttons not showing custom images https://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general/suggestions/12512571-qat-buttons-not-showing-custom-images
Bring back Picture Manger to the Office 2016 Bundle
As of July 4 2017 there are 279 votes (and 69 comments)
115 Bring Picture Manager back to Office bundle
057 Unhappy about Microsoft Office Picture Manager being removed from the Office Suite.
031 Totally stinks that Office Picture Manager was removed! Why? So many of us are heavy photo users and used that as a key feature of Office
007 Please bring back Microsoft Picture Manager for use on Windows 10 (Office 2016)!
006 bring back office picture manager right away.
005 MS Picture Manager is missing from Office 2013
002 Bring back MS Picture Manager! It was just right - not too complex, but very useful!
001 Bring back MS Office Picture Manager
001 Please bring back the good old picture manager. Known from Office 2003 up to Office 2010.
001 Make Picture Manager available on Office 2013
put somewhere to see how much space I've used and
how much I have
As of July 14, 2016, on only just the first 3 search result pages on “much” 75 Votes total
30 votes put somewhere to see how much space I've used and how much I have
4 vote Show how much storage left and used
9 votes Show how much storage is left on the OneDrive app
1 votes to tell me how much space is left
1 votes Ensure how much space available is clearly shown in realtime
6 votes it will be good to show how much space has been used and how much space is still available
2 votes t should be available in the app how much free memory has been used, and how much still available.
1 votes add a space bar! Not a space bar like the keyboard, but one that says how much space you've used and how much you have left!
5 votes would be nice to see how much space I have available on my onedrive.
1 votes show how much available space you have left and percentage left available
2 votes Add a feature to tell the user how much space is left on OneDrive
2 votes Add remaining space in hamburger menu, it's much easier to see it there.
1 votes SHOW ME HOW MUCH SPACE I HAVE LEFT ON MY APP
1 votes can you make it easier to see how much storage space remains?
1 votes Have a pie chart telling you how much storage you have used
1 votes I think a feature should be added to onedrive that tells you how much space you've used out of how much u have. EX 50.47mb/100.00gb
1 votes Have an easy to find icon that shows the size capacity of the account and how much has been used
1 votes I hope you will create an option to see how much space you have available from the phone.
1 votes very simple just show how much storage is left as new files are uploaded to the cloud
2 votes data useage, ie how much data have we used of cloud allowance and a start page to show that with quick links
1 votes I think there needs to be a storage meter or something to tell people how much of their storage limit the have used
1 votes The app needs a place that informs the user how much total storage space is being used (a feature of Dropbox).
Petition to MS President to allow Windows Home users control Windows Updates https://www.change.org/p/satya-nadella-microsoft-what-computer-users-want-changed-in-windows-10 (The matching UserVoice site has been discontinued by MS)
Don’t want Office 2016 tied to Userid -
Actually there are multiple threads with same point. As of Feb 1 2016 there are 785 votes on this question in multiple suggestions
ALLOW Activation without the need of a MS mail account. 386 votes
Office 2016 OEM without LiveID account 138 votes
Office 2016 Activation and installation without an email account 172 votes
return to the same process for activating Office 2016 that was used for all previous versions of Office. No "Live" accounts! 26 Votes
The Office 2016 Activation process is impossible for business's that purchase Microsoft licensing OEM. 70 votes
Activation without a live account. 7 votes
Need Office 2016 activation WITHOUT a Microsoft account! 6 votes
Allow Business Admin Portal to manage Office 1-time payment licenses toohttps://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general/suggestions/11448504-allow-business-admin-portal-to-manage-office-2016
Make the full spectrum of colors that are available in Shading also available in Highlighting. I often use Highlighting to mark important or unusual text streams and I would like to search for particular colors of Highlighting .
Visio 365 monthly specifically for Consumer licenses - https://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general/suggestions/10936428-visio365-monthly-for-consumer-365-users-and-oth
Recreate the single text margin around page like 2010 and earlier - http://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/9253599-bring-back-classic-text-boundaries- Marked as “under Review”, so there is some hope … <grin>
Restore Radial Menu to OneNote
439 votes total Feb 20 2016
148 votes Include radial menu in desktop onenote
20 votes Radial Menu -
183 votes Bring back the radial fly out menu in the W10 Store version of OneNote -
42 votes Bring back Radial Menu and Camera insert in Windows 10
16 votes- Bring back Radial Menu for Windows 10 App
25 votes- Keep the OneNote Windows 8 UI over the Windows 10 Beta UI
plus a bunch more pen requests
OFFICE- Get Back Older OneNote App with Radial Menu and Document Scanning / OneNoteMX / OneNote MX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP5Y0c7-Qvg
Note: Click on “Show More” in the YouTube description to see the OneDrive download link!
The “Setup.bat” file uses PowerShell to “sideload” OneNote MX.
Download and install desktop OneNote http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-onenote/does-anyone-have-a-link-to-enable-me-to-download/a96d5463-3f5c-44df-8f5b-fa5c10257e54
The download link: https://www.onenote.com/download
Ignore the misleading message "OneNote is already installed on Windows 10" and click the right link to the desktop version
Custom installation from Office 365 (2016) / Return MSI installer option - https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/9939513-custom-installation-from-office-365-2016
Word 2016 Style Pane bug -mouse pointer wrong https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/11196345-word-2016-style-pane-corrupt-or-buggy-after-update
Add Power Pivot back to Access (and to Excel in all bundles) https://access.uservoice.com/forums/319956-access-desktop/suggestions/10284183-add-pivot-charts-back-to-access
Add BI/Power Pivot back to Excel in all bundles - https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/9018823-make-the-power-bi-family-Power Pivot-Power Query