How can I disable or uninstall Windows edge from Windows 10?

I am a person with a significant disability; I am paralyzed below my shoulders. I must use voice recognition software to operate all the functions of the computer. I am dependent on NaturallySpeaking, (now version 13), to operate Windows 10. It is failing in several respects where it previously functioned quite well with earlier Windows versions.

NaturallySpeaking is especially not compatible with Microsoft Edge but works quite well with IE 11 and so I would greatly appreciate being able to uninstall Microsoft Edge. (Having both programs available on the machine is problematic as the search commands I must use from NaturallySpeaking now bring up and utilize Windows Edge, even though I've enabled IE 11.)

I've already contacted Nuance/NaturallySpeaking and they are satisfied with the compatibility of their product with Windows 10 and currently have no plan to patch their software so that it would be more compatible with Windows 10/Edge. (They say this although they recognize there are other command failures that render Windows 10 significantly less workable with their voice recognition software.)

My computer is like a prosthesis for my life. It's functionality or its failure is really huge. Again, how can I uninstall or otherwise disable Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?

Thank you,

Rick Cline

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 394,793 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Rick,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to uninstall\delete Microsoft edge, but you can use the application “natural speaking” in internet explorer by making it has default browser as below.

1. Open internet explorer and go to settings icon.
  2. Click on internet settings.
  3. Then click on programs.
  4. Then click on the option make “internet explorer the default browser”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

188 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.