High Contrast Themes Issue

I've recently moved to Windows 10. It's a clean install, not an upgrade, new PC, new hardware, all drivers are up to date...

After enabling the standard high contrast theme (black & white), I'm experiencing brief white flashes in most programs. It happens every time that I run a program in maximized windows or open a new window and maximize it. It also happens on combo-boxes and menus (if they're big enough to cause this effect). It looks like (and feels like) the windows first being drawn in white and then redrawn in normal colors, causing bright white rectangle to flash for a short moment before showing the window.

I've tried many different dark high contrast themes, the standard ones and custom made, and found this issues being present every-time with every dark high contrast theme. What is even more interesting, is that same standard high contrast themes would work just fine in Windows 7, on same PC, using same hardware, without causing any white flashes...

After trying to solve this problem for two weeks now, I still have no answer. I've read many forums and tried everything I could think of, Including disabling all effects and animations completely. I've even tried replacing the graphics card and the monitor all together. It did not help :(

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 1,203 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

Please follow these steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together.
b. Click ease of access icon.
c. Click to turn off high contrast.

You may also try updating to latest build 14361 and check.
Refer:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14361/

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.