Have no permissions in my own folders Windows 10

Alright. I'm absolutely livid at this point. I've been using Windows 10 against my own judgement for months now, and this has never been a problem before.

I have ownership of every file. I am the administrator. Inside the security settings everything is full access. And yet half of my computers files are still restricted, not allowing me to change/remove/add any files to them. I'm at a loss here. How come me, the administrator with full access has no access to my own computer?

Whenever I try to do something it says

"You need to provide administrator permission to move this folder" (I'm not trying to move anything, I'm trying to put a file into it)

After I click continue, it responds with "Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this action"

This is ridiculous. My anti-virus is not stopping me from having this access, the access settings are not stopping me from having access. Everything is set to allow me to do this. Why can i not? Before I used Windows 10 I never had any problems accessing these files. 

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2018 Views 28,353 Applies to:
Answer

I was having this issue and tried the provided solutions to no avail.

Then I had the idea to look in my processes in Task Manager to see if anything from either folder (the one you want to move the files from, and the one you're moving files to) was running anything. Turns out there was an app running from the "to" folder, ending that process resolved the issue for me.

Hope this helps,

~ Zatherio

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.