Does Windows 10 support 16-bit color display?

I am using a laptop that uses AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M dual graphics 1 GB. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and found that there are no options to change the color to 16-bit. My laptop cannot handle 32-bit color as it makes my screen keeps blinking with horizontal lines. I'll try to update my graphics driver, but is there any way that Windows 10 can support 16-bit color display? Thank you.
|
Answer
Answer

I am using a laptop that uses AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M dual graphics 1 GB. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and found that there are no options to change the color to 16-bit. My laptop cannot handle 32-bit color as it makes my screen keeps blinking with horizontal lines. I'll try to update my graphics driver, but is there any way that Windows 10 can support 16-bit color display? Thank you.

I think there is some misunderstand in the previous 'answer'.  However, Windows hasn't directly supported 16-bit Colour from the introduction of Windows 8, so unfortunately same result.  So its all down to the most acceptable display the Graphics Card and Driver can produce.

MJA
Windows Insider, Surface Pro 3, MacBook Pro (VirtualBox + Windows 10)

64 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2021 Views 22,229 Applies to: