Caps Lock On-Screen Display

• This needs updating for Windows 10 21H1. With the last update, I started getting an On-Screen Display saying Caps Lock was ON?OFF.

Windows 10 Version 21H1

Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5004296)

My name is Lee; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

1) Press the Windows key on the keyboard and select Settings.
2) Click System.
3) Choose Display and click Advanced display settings.
4) Scroll down and select Display adapter properties.
5) Click on Screen configurations tab. In Properties window, make sure Enable on-screen display is checked. Under "Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock" section, look for "While the numeric lock or caps lock is ON" section, choose the "Show the indicator for a few seconds" option.

Thanks

Where’s the Screen Configurations tab?

This is what I get:

This is very disturbing every time I press “Caps Lock” and I want it to go away. It just started with the last update to Windows 10 21H1.

Again; This problem still exists in Windows 10 Version 21H1. I have tried the other fixes and they DON'T WORK.

|
Answer
Answer

On HP computers, this issue is caused by the recent update of HP System Event Utility to version 1,5,6,0. Doesn't happen with the previous 1.4 version. Ending this task will stop the OSD notifications for the current Windows session, but will again be enabled after next reboot. In order to stop these displays permanently, the HP System Event Utility app must be uninstalled.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 69,858 Applies to: