can't log on to windows 10

Can't log in windows 10, Have screen and can enter password , but don't have button to push to enter password. 

Hi Coffield,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to hit Enter from the keyboard, once you have typed the password and see, if you can login to computer.

If it works, then I suggest you to update and install all the latest Windows 10 builds available and then, check, if the issue persist.

This issue could have also occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party applications.
2. Corrupt System files.

Please follow these steps, mentioned below to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check, if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2019 Views 320 Applies to: