Touchscreen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Following the upgrade to Windows 10 the touchscreen on my HP Touchsmart 600 all in one PC has stopped working. The same thing has happened to my sons HP Touchsmart. I've tried downloading new drivers from HP but windows blocks the download due to a permissions issue. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: 

I suggest you to run the hardware device troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1.      Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on Hardware and Devices.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display driver from the Device Manager and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Adaptor.

3. Right click on the video driver and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem and tried method 2. No luck. Windows searched for a driver online but never stopped searching. Had to close troubleshooter through task manager. So still no touchscreen. Upgraded to Win 10 Home two days ago.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an HP Envy with a 17" touch screen.  Last update removed all touch gestures

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All

I have tried Harshavardhan Rathod's Method 1 and Method 2 fixes above - they are not helping. I have a HP 15" touchscreen laptop, just purchased a few months ago from Curry's. The Touchscreen was a big part of the appeal. After he windows 10 upgrade it only displays partial functionality - it cannot scroll nor enlarge text - a real nuisance as I do a lot of visual/ online work away from the keyboard.

Much as I like Windows 10, should  roll back the upgrade - Has anyone tried this?

Do I try and physically speak to a HP assistant vs using the online forums?

Any advice is gratefully appreciated ('cos I need the full touchscreen functionality back)

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll be trying the rollback in a couple of days if I don't hear anything from Microsoft or someone with a fix. 

My Envy notebook worked fine until the last Windows 10 update (so it did work about a week with Windows 10.)  It only works as a point/drag with no gestures, the device manager showing the HID for the touch screen as not connected.  HP says to use Microsoft as the device driver supplier. 

I'm not too happy with either HP or Microsoft right now.  This should not happen given all the testing and hype.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I upgraded Aug 7 and have been trying to solve the touchscreen issue since then.  So frustrating.  Windows and Toshiba both say my drivers are up-to-date.  Would appreciate it if anyone has had luck resolving the issue.  My touchpad works perfectly.  My touchscreen partially works but no gestures/swipe or enlarging.  Did I say frustrating?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thanks derrystar for suggesting rolling back the driver.  In Device Mgr, I located the touchscreen driver.  (I'd been there many times looking for an updated driver.)  This time I selected rolling back to previous driver.  I restarted (that took forever) and my touch screen is fully operational.  I hope this helps someone else!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just upgraded my Dell XPS All-in-One to Windows 10 and am having this same problem.  I tried both of the suggested methods and neither of them worked.  The only thing that is reported as not working in the Device Manager is a USB device, which I think corresponds to the battery back up USB interface.  I don't see anything in Device Manager that appears to correspond to the Touch function.  At this point, all I can think to do is to roll back to Windows 8.1 and hope the touch function returns.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also just upgraded my Dell XPS 18 All-in One to Windows 10 and am experiencing the same problems. In looking through the Device Manager, it does not appear that there is an HID Touch Screen driver anywhere. I tried rolling back to Windows 8.1, since minutes proir to the Windows 10 upgrade my touch screen was working perfectly, but after doing so the same problem was present in 8.1. No touch screen functionality, no apparent driver. Since that didn't fix the issue, I went back to Windows 10 with the hopes that Microsoft can assist with a fix. These all-in-one touch screen computers are fairly useless without their touch screen functioning, and I hope that the problem is able to be resolved as soon as possible. On a side note that I suspect may be related, the computer seems to be behaving in a strange manner in regards to docking it on it's power stand... Set it on the power stand and it makes the "USB device disconnected sound", unplug it from the power stand and it makes the "USB device connected sound". This started in conjunction with the non-working touch screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Nolan.

I seem to have found the solution to my problem-- Hopefully it will help you as well!  I too uninstalled Windows 10, which brought its share of problems as there were drivers missing.  In reinstalling the drivers from the Dell website, I decided to re-install the Bios update-- Voila!  My touch screen returned after the computer was restarted following the Bios update.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 458 Applies to: