email address and sign in to msn account

When I first downloaded and installed Windows 10, I had to provide an email and set up a password. Then when I turned on my pc the opening screen, the blue window, came up with that email address and a photo of me and asked for my password. I had to enter my password, and then my desktop popped up. At that point I was not only on my desktop, I was also logged into msn, which was my home page. Of course anyone using my computer was in my msn account too.

I no longer use that email, so I tried to change my msn account to a new email. I was able to set up a new email account and create a new password, but I was unable to delete or change the original sign in email and password. I now need two email addresses and two passwords to sign in to msn. One gets me into Windows and to my desktop, the other lets me sign into msn; except, two thirds, or more, of the time it does not work, all I get is "This Page Can Not Be Displayed", if I try Bing "This Page Can Not Be Displayed", so...shut down, reboot, "This Page Can Not Be Displayed."

How do I get that old embedded email and password out of my computer? Better yet, how do I get both emails and both passwords out of my computer? At this point I am so tired of this that I just want to start over. 

Thank you. I hope.

Hi BillHezlep,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are using two MSN account, one for login to the desktop and other for MSN account. If you will use any of the Microsoft account the MSN.com will automatically get synced with that account until and unless you sign out from MSN.com and use other MSN account to sign in.

If you want to use the new one you can do that by creating new user profile as an administrator and using the new MSN account and password. However, if you use new MSN account to login the newly created account then also it will sync your MSN.com and it will sign you on that automatically.

If you are willing to login your computer without using Microsoft Account, which is not recommended. If still you want to login without Microsoft Account then you may do that by creating new user profile with admin permission without Microsoft account. Here are steps which might help you to create new user profile.

• Press Windows key + R
  • Type control userpasswords2 and click OK
  • Click on add under users tab
  • Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account
  • Click on Local account 
  • Choose a name for the account
  • Add password if you want to
  • Apply and click OK.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kumar,

Thanks for the reply, but I think I did not clearly state the problem and you misunderstood it.

I need to change the email address associated with the administrator account on my pc. I would like to use the email address associated with my MSN account as the administrator account email also.

This is a private pc, I live alone and I am the only user, no children or family members, just me. The administrator account is both my account and the only user account. When I try to change the email address on the Administrator Account (my account) I get a message saying that it can not be changed.

Thank you again for your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A November 2, 2015 answer by "Divya M" to someone else's question about local and account pass words provided most of what I needed. I now have one local and one MSN account and they work.

But the old discontinued email is still embedded in the MSN system. While the old address does not show in my account profile, when I log into MSN with the new email address both the new and old email addresses come up as suggestions. And, I believe the old email and password are still locked into Bing. Since changing my email address and MSN password, searches run on Bing do not show up as "rewards." As a test I noted the "rewards" number and then ran ten searches on an obscure topic I have been researching, the "rewards" number never changed -- searches no longer register.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bill,

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the BING reward points on your computer. I would suggest you to refer the steps and information provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps. I want to inform you that in some countries BING rewards is not active or is not allowed. Hope you are not in any of such countries.

Bing Rewards FAQ.

Earn Free Rewards

Redeem Bing Rewards

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem is not solved.

1) When I go to "My MSN" I can sign in to my account. I have full access to and can edit my profile, preferences, etc.

2) Then; after I have signed into my MSN account, if I go to Bing or One Drive, I am NOT signed in.

3) If I try to sign in to Bing using the same email and password that let me into my MSN account, I am told either that there is no such account or that my password is invalid.

4) Finally, Microsoft is sending email to me using the old email address, despite the fact that that email appears nowhere in my MSN account. Yesterday I received an email that was sent to my old account, from Microsoft, asking why I had not replied to this conversation.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I first downloaded and installed Windows 10, I had to provide an email and set up a password. Then when I turned on my pc the opening screen, the blue window, came up with that email address and a photo of me and asked for my password. I had to enter my password, and then my desktop popped up. At that point I was not only on my desktop, I was also logged into msn, which was my home page. Of course anyone using my computer was in my msn account too.

I no longer use that email, so I tried to change my msn account to a new email. I was able to set up a new email account and create a new password, but I was unable to delete or change the original sign in email and password. I now need two email addresses and two passwords to sign in to msn. One gets me into Windows and to my desktop, the other lets me sign into msn; except, two thirds, or more, of the time it does not work, all I get is "This Page Can Not Be Displayed", if I try Bing "This Page Can Not Be Displayed", so...shut down, reboot, "This Page Can Not Be Displayed."

How do I get that old embedded email and password out of my computer? Better yet, how do I get both emails and both passwords out of my computer? At this point I am so tired of this that I just want to start over. 

Thank you. I hope.

There is a picture that when I get to the part where it only has the button for sleep or restart etc ,I got a new MSN E Mail which only takes me to

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kumar,

Thanks for the reply, but I think I did not clearly state the problem and you misunderstood it.

I need to change the email address associated with the administrator account on my pc. I would like to use the email address associated with my MSN account as the administrator account email also.

This is a private pc, I live alone and I am the only user, no children or family members, just me. The administrator account is both my account and the only user account. When I try to change the email address on the Administrator Account (my account) I get a message saying that it can not be changed.

Thank you again for your reply.

me too and I can find no MSN Email or phone number so my computer is useless it wont let me sign in   Thanks rsdno

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem is not solved.

Bill, I hate to have to tell you this, but those morons don't know what you are talking about and dang sure not smart enough to fix it!

But I guess you figured that out 6 monthes ago ........ what did you do get Ubuntu?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2020 Views 350 Applies to: