Duplicate screen off center

Yesterday I updated my laptop to Windows 10, and because my laptop's screen is cracked and hard to see, I have been duplicating the display on to my TV by a 15 pin video cable. The problem is that on my laptop, the display is fine, but on the TV, however, everything has been shifted a few centimeters to the left which hides a few folders and stuff on the left and leaves a pointless space that I cant put my cursor over on the right.

I don't know if I have the wrong resolution or something, but I would like it if somebody could tell me a way to fix it. This problem is irritating when it comes to trying to relax and play pc games.

Many thanks,

Seth.

Hi Seth,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you face issue with the resolution, we should check what is the resolution set for the 2nd monitor.

You may try to press Win + P and then select second screen only to check if you get the desired resolution.

Type change the resolution in the search box and then click detect.

If the second monitor is detected, try to change the resolution according the TV screen and check.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P
Forum Moderator - Multiple Forums

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue, only it happens every other time I turn my computer on. The resolution is fine; it's just offcenter, and I have no recourse but to restart the computer, which is annoyingly time-consuming. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2021 Views 2,947 Applies to: