"Display" tab and other font customizations are no longer available after upgrade to Creators Update (Version 1703)

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, many users are wondering where are display settings and font customization.

Details

Since the display management tab has been removed from the control panel with the arrival of Creators Update, you will find the settings to handle the screen under Settings > System > Display.

Also take a look at these articles:

---

Why advanced display settings in the control panel were removed?

This is a Microsoft response from the Feedback Hub (https://aka.ms/jwvl1l):

---

WORK-AROUND: if these settings do not meet your needs regarding your customizations, you might try to change settings from Windows Registry.

So, as a first step, Microsoft recommends that you first back up the registry: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

After that, I think it might be easier to apply these changes through an utility created specially for this purpose. So I'd suggest you to try Winaero Tweaker. It's a free little program quite simple to use that allows to customize Windows 7/8/10 in many possible ways and it might be useful to you for the changes you need.

You can download it from here.

In addition, these software by WinTools may be helpful too:

---

REMEMBER: feel free to send your feedback to Microsoft to help make Windows better using the "Feedback Hub" app in Windows 10. Also, you can upvote existing feedbacks to support an idea.

REMEMBER: if you're unhappy with this OS build you can go back to the previous Windows 10 build within 10 days from the upgrade by selecting the Start  button > Settings  > Update & security  > Recovery . Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

Hope this helps.

—Alby

Forum Article Info

Last updated August 24, 2019 Views 2,545 Applies to:

Thank you

This is a solution

I hope Microsoft fixes this glitch in the next update.

The removal of the settings option for changing menu items font size/bold has done a great disservice to those of us who are visually impaired.

The Creators v1703 update removed what settings visually impaired users had already made in previous Win10 UPDATE versions that had the option to customize the fonts of menus and title bar and other aspects.

Visually impaired users are at a great disadvantage in using Win 10 v 1703. Microsoft should/needs to restore the settings capabilities that were present before the Creators v1703 update.

Thank you.

I wrote some time ago a post for solving that problem related to icons font size for an old program (Voltura 1.1) ... that is still in use here in Italy by professionals:
https://enzocontini.blog/2016/01/09/agenzia-delle-entrate-come-riuscire-a-utilizzare-comunque-software-obsoleti-non-aggiornati-da-anni-es-voltura-1-1-per-la-compilazione-delle-volture-catastali

Hope this may help to in understanding that that missing feature is relevant in many cases, for example to make work old programs still in use.

Moreover I opened a request in the Feedback Hub for this issue that you can vote if you like ... https://aka.ms/R0j889

Well that wasn't the smartest idea.  Not to mention on larger screens increase the overall display to 125%, 150% does nothing to Microsoft Outlook poor readability function and provides for a poor user expereince.  This needs to be put back in for user ability.