Why is Window Store Listed in TaskManager when it does not seem to run?

U see What i mean from the picture, its listed but it seems that its not running

under processes it makes u think its running, but under detail it shows that it is suspended that's strange, what is going on with store? i did EndTask with Task manager, i edit post if it opens up automatically, i mean when it reappears 

when i was searching info about Maps APP (i wanted to know what APP it is & what it is for) & when i opened Maps APP page Store opened, i closed it, it was gone from TaskManager, But it later reappeared & in a way u see on the picture

OK Store reappeared i TaskManager, WTH? all is like u see in the picture again

to bad i can't uninstall it, cause i remember it from Win 8, it can be annoying at time

new store started to take 47MB Memory, is it searching for updates for APP'S?

All APP'S need Fix, cause when i exit them they continue to work at background, they will remain in TaskManager Until i do EndTask from TaskManager, By fix i mean option to close the AAP'S totally so it would not run on background until i End Task, when i close my WaterFox its no longer seen in TaskManager, that's how all programs should work, well Except Anti-Virus programs & Anti-Spyware & Anti-Malware programs, APP like Music & Videos should not remain in background, same issue is with PC settings, it remains on background to

this video tells me to use close button what looks like X, i have always done it like in the video

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-close-app

i use the close button all the time, that's one reason i like Win7 more, no unnecessary components, its just when i got this PC it had Win 8.1 already installed, not gonna reinstall windows cause of that, but i am thinking of disabling Store from service, is disabling store bad in any way? like unable to update windows with out it?

BDW store has been running for few hours by new.

Hi

With the Processes Tab selected, click the View Tab and select Status Values / Show Suspended Status.

If you are using a Mouse and Keyboard, the best way to Exit an App is to press Alt+F4.

If you are using Touch, drag the app window to the bottom of the screen and hold it for 2 seconds until it Flips and then release it to exit.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

got it, but take a look here to :)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/92cf77dc-dee6-4a2c-8954-f9f6b6eec993/why-is-window-store-listed-in-taskmanager-when-it-does-not-seem-to-run?forum=w8itprogeneral

i wasn't talking about only APP closing issue, my mane issue was & is Windows Store!

my mane issue is Store's background process

Store reappears when closed, after 5min 

it also reappeared today when i booted PC first time, i opened store & then closed it by dragging store down like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6nhaQta3Reo

if the issue does not stop by next time i boot PC, then i post again, & if i can't stop it i am considering disabling it from service (no idea does it has bad consequences to or not), my personal opinion, store needs patching

seems that opening any APP activates Store again, i mean it makes it reappear, after closing Music APP Store was running again, maybe its a coincidence? who knows, but we will see tomorrow if Store does not start again automatically

Store started running again :(

maybe its connected to this

firs wsappx appears in task manger, then Store Broker & then Store, maybe its a coincidence, either way i can't seem to stop Store background process, wsappx runs short time, i have not taken time, but not over 1H, it can be even 15Min

also i have local acc, not Microsoft acc (mentioned it just in case it matters), firs log on was with Microsoft acc, there was just so meany things that got me bit disoriented & so i made Microsoft acc Instead of load from the start, maybe that part of the issue, & maybe it was caused by uninstalling some APP'S?

but the store process seems to be frozen it has 48.8MB & that number never changes (even after hours), store is still running, its been running hole day

Sorry this didn't help.

its Next Day & Store is Running again, started when i started my PC, but its not listed on StartUp

don't tell it does not stop until i log in my PC with Microsoft ACC, its Just Harassment like what YouTube does, u need to connect with Google+ Acc to be able to comment!!!

what i have against logging on with Microsoft ACC? well i like automatic log on like i have with Local ACC, no Password needed or can i log in Store to Microsoft ACC separately so PC remains on Local ACC?

should i download Reg file that disables Store from here?

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5804-store-enable-disable-windows-8-a.html

& does it work for Win 8.1?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 days row & store is still running, when i open taskmanager & do EndTask it reappears after some time, it runs until i shutdown PC & starts again when i turn on PC, store is not in startup

Sorry this didn't help.

seems Microsoft has no clue to about why Store is still running & how to stop it, cause no response & its been 5 days new.

Sorry this didn't help.

this issue described Here closed store process what was running almost a week, well not the issue, but the solution to the issue closed the store background process  

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2019 Views 6,230 Applies to: