There been many questions on these forums how to solve the Windows Store not starting issue and most of them occur after upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
There are several general methods of solving this, this guide will help you through the most given solutions.
After following this guide, if you are still having issues, then please make a new support request and include the link to this wiki saying you have already tried these steps.
Before continuing with this wiki, ensure that your system is fully up-to-date with all Windows Updates.
Method 1: Microsoft Store Diagnostic Program
- Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423
- Start the downloaded file and click on
- Follow the instructions given by the tool.
- After running the tool succesfully, check whether the store works.
Method 2: Run WSReset.exe
- Open Modern UI (Start)
- Typ Wsreset.exe
- Hit enter
- The Windows Store will open and flash a couple of times.
- The Windows Store should now automatically appear and after a few moments if it does not, then try to start it manually.
Method 3: Register the Store trough Command Prompt
See all steps executed in this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj4viu2xwyk
- Open Modern UI (Start)and typ CMD
- Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator
- In command prompt enter the following command:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
- Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.
- Close Command Prompt
- Try to start the Windows Store again.
Method 4: Scanning for corrupted system files
Did none of these methods work? Then try to run SFC and DISM to solve your issues: Troubleshooting Component Store / System Files Corruption