How to Redownload Paid Apps?

I am considering of backing up files, pictures, etc. because of current issues with apps in Windows 8.1 where some are malfunctioning in one way or another.  My question is, I have bought a couple of games through the Windows Store.  Will I be able to some how redownload the bought games or does this mean that if I reformat my computer by installing the original software to get it back to Windows 8m that after that I will not be able to redownload those bought Windows Store games?  I can't find where that I can.
I am considering of backing up files, pictures, etc. because of current issues with apps in Windows 8.1 where some are malfunctioning in one way or another.  My question is, I have bought a couple of games through the Windows Store.  Will I be able to some how redownload the bought games or does this mean that if I reformat my computer by installing the original software to get it back to Windows 8m that after that I will not be able to redownload those bought Windows Store games?  I can't find where that I can.

Hi

The information for your Store account is stored on the servers at Microsoft.

You can log in to any Windows 8/8.1 computer and download/install any apps you have previously installed. It does not matter whether they are Paid or Free apps.

To reinstall your apps after a Reinstall.

1. Open the Store and make sure you are logged on with your Store Account (Press WinKey+I and select Your Account) to log on.

2. On the main screen, Right Click and select Your Apps on the top toolbar.

3. In the Drop Down Menus, select All Apps and Sort by name.

4. In the Results, Right Click each app that you want to reinstall and click the Install Icon on the bottom toolbar.

Starting with Windows 8.1, you can install these apps on up to 81 devices and as many User Accounts that are available on those devices.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand that can easily do that with the free apps.  But I am not sure that I understand that about the paid ones.  I have no confirmation number, no game code given to enter for a paid game.  Like the way some games are that you buy online via a digital download such as for paid games and applications through the Windows Store, so that I do not have to pay again.  Which is my concern.  Only thing I do have to show that I paid for the game is the transaction invoice number through Paypal.  If you know what I am trying to say now?

Unless you are saying that once I do reformat my computer back to it's original computer manufacturer's Windows 8.0 software that once I log in through the Windows Store, you are saying that even if it is a paid game or application, they will automatically download back into my computer through the Windows Store feature?  If that is what I am now thinking as I type this sentence.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Like I said, your account in the Windows Store has nothing to do with your own Windows 8/8.1 installation. You don't download and then install the store apps, you install them directly from the store on any device running Windows 8/8.1

All of your store transactions are recorded and kept as part of your store account online.

After you reinstall Windows 8/8.1, you simply need to start the Windows Store, log on with your store account and install all of your apps using the previous steps I posted.

Go to the following website.

Microsoft Billing Support - Home Page:

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Help

At the top of the window, select Transactions.

Set the Date range to include the times when you purchased apps.

You should see all of your purchases there.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2023 Views 10,060 Applies to: