Apps & Store not working on Windows 8.1

I've upgraded my Windows OS from 8 Pro to 8.1 Pro. It worked flawless for few weeks, but yesterday all the apps & even store also stopped working. I've also searched for many topics, discussions and solutions on forum, and tried the following topics :
1> How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, W8, W7 or Vista - (Article ID: 929135)
2> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

But it won't work.
I have run "wsreset.exe" several times (results error as in attached screenshot); I've cleared my computer's cache, temporary files, browser cookies,etc; tried resetting all settings using troubleshooter; I have rebooted several times. Nothing has worked. What should I do, to make my apps & store work again?

Answer
Answer

Hi Aashit,

This issue can be caused due to Windows System settings or User account settings.

Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to perform a SFC Scan and check if it helps.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

a.      Hover the mouse to the right hand corner of the screen to get the charms bar.
b.      Type command prompt. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
c.       Type the following command in the command prompt and press enter.

Sfc  /scannow             

d.      Wait till the process completes, restart the computer and check.

Note: While performing SFC Scan I would recommend you to make sure that there are no applications or programs running on the back ground.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check if it helps.

Create a user account will helps us to find out if the issue is with the user account settings or system settings.

Method 3:

If you are still facing the issue then I would suggest you to perform system restore to a point when the computer was working fine.

a) Move the mouse to the bottom left of the screen and right-click to get see a list of options.
b) Click on ‘Run’ and type ‘rstrui’. Click ‘OK’ to bring the ‘System Restore’ interface.
c) Following the steps as mentioned in the interface to restore the computer to a previous point.

Hope this information is helpful.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 2, 2022 Views 13,435 Applies to: