Windows 8.1 install - unable to create ramdisk - 0xc1900101-0x20017

When I attempt to install Windows 8.1 on my machine from the Windows Store, on boot I receive a blue screen. The error message indicates that the system was unable to create a ramdisk and shows error number 0xc1900101.

On reboot, it restores my original installation and provides the following error code: 0xc1900101-0x20017.

In reading some other topics, it seems drivers may need to be updated, but as far as I know I am up-to-date. Is there a way to identify which driver had a failure?

Also, on other threads with this code, I see no mention of a "ramdisk". Is that a unique problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: Let me note my system has no ramdisk software installed whatsoever.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2019 Views 17,028 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The same problem here. I've got 4 gb of ram, so far 8 (64bit) has been working flawlessly (much faster than XP). Drivers updated. I would like to single out the problem. Is it:
a) bios/chipset ( I've got nvidia 780i sli chipset)
b) ssd drive I've installed OS on
c) sb audigy card ( old known problem of not having drivers for the midi port)
d) other :)
I don't have time to pull everything out one by one and check, trying to install 8.1. Not saying that pulling out the motherboard could present a little of hassle :)
Thanks in advance
P.S. as almost everyone else I don't any ramdisk software, weird partitioning, second OS, no encryption etc. etc.
edit: maybe its the q6600 processor? (64bit) :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done everything I could fine for this problem,  still no go.

Level 10 GT                     
Thermaltake 1200W PSU                       
ASUS Sabertooth     X79 Socket 2011                          
I7 3930KOC 4.55GHz                                              
Corsair 32GB Vengeance Memory                                 
2 EVGA GTX 780 SLI                                 
Acer 27” 120Hz Monitor                       
2 Western Digital 600 VelociRaptor GB 32MB Cache
1 Seagate Barracuda 3TB File Drive
1 Seagate Barracuda 3TB File Backup Drive         
LG BD-DVD Burner                               
Gyration Ultra Cordless RF Mouse and Keyboard
2 VID-NXTTN 780 Koolance water blocks
Koolance CPU 380i water block
Koolance External EHX-1020SL 4 fan radiator
Koolance External Pump and Tank
Logitech G950 Wireless 5.1 Headphones
Momo Racing Force Feedback Wheel and Racing Pedals
Cyber Snipa Gamepad
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

Sorry this didn't help.

The same problem here. I've got 4 gb of ram, so far 8 (64bit) has been working flawlessly (much faster than XP). Drivers updated. I would like to single out the problem. Is it:
I don't have time to pull everything out one by one and check, trying to install 8.1. Not saying that pulling out the motherboard could present a little of hassle :)
Thanks in advance
P.S. as almost everyone else I don't any ramdisk software, weird partitioning, second OS, no encryption etc. etc.
For what it's worth, I also run a Q6600, 4GB RAM, 64-bit OS, and an nVidia video card, although mine's much older than yours (GTX 280 running v. 327.23)
-RD

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks in advance
For what it's worth, I also run a Q6600, 4GB RAM, 64-bit OS, and an nVidia video card, although mine's much older than yours (GTX 280 running v. 327.23)

I also run a Q6600, Nforce 650iUltra chipset(EVGA), 6GB Ram, Windows8 Pro with Media Centre 64bit and Geforce GTX650Ti. Tried numerous times to install the 8.1 update following lots of suggestions on these forums. But alas to no avail, I still get the Blue screen error on restart and have to return to Windows 8.

Sorry this didn't help.

...Mines a Q6600 also, 3GB  with a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GS card.. 327.23 driver.... common theme with the Q6600 / Nvidia kit appearing here....

Sorry this didn't help.

...Mines a Q6600 also, 3GB  with a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GS card.. 327.23 driver.... common theme with the Q6600 / Nvidia kit appearing here....
Yeah, I suppose I should mention I also have the Q6600 and Nvidia nForce 680i mobo. With a GTX 460 graphics card.

Lots of Q66's with nvidia boards or GPUs.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've got 780 mobo chipset (evga ftw series).  But my video card is even older - 8600gt :) (nvidia of course). I run dual monitor setup. It seems like there're many nvidia rigs here (!?).
First they eliminate start button and booting into a desktop (thank God there is classic shell ). Then they make us use their store (why isn't it a KB?) And now it doesn't work at all :( Where are you going Microsoft? I sometimes feel like in good, old times of win98 when making OS  work was a bit of magic.  And I thought I would have to change my job after win7. So on the other hand - thank you Microsoft :)
P.S. I can present a lot of further details concerning my rig and my software, but unless somebody from microsoft enlighten us where the problem really lies, we're like drunken kids in the fog.
edit: in the other thread i found somebody having the same problem with unspecified quad core processor. Is the quad core the cause? If only I didn't have to download again all the  3 gigs of data everytime I want to check something :(

Sorry this didn't help.

i am also having this issue with a Q6700 processor and nvidia 750i SLI chipset (core 2 quad on asus p5n-d mobo)

Sorry this didn't help.

i am also having this issue with a Q6700 processor and nvidia 750i SLI chipset (core 2 quad on asus p5n-d mobo)

also running Q6600 and nvidia 780sli....

Found the following in Windowsupdate.log
   2013-10-18 20:48:31:178 904 ea4 Driver Matched driver to device    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0272&SUBSYS_73801462&REV_A3
   2013-10-18 20:48:31:178 904 ea4 Driver Status: 0x1802000, ProblemNumber: 00000000
   2013-10-18 20:48:31:178 904 ea4 Driver Matched driver to device    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0270&SUBSYS_73801462&REV_A2
   2013-10-18 20:48:31:178 904 ea4 Driver Status: 0x1802000, ProblemNumber: 00000000

This device is the nForce Memory Controller

I checked nVidia's site...and found the following:
>>>>Driver support for NVIDIA® nForce ™ motherboard chipsets and their components have been >>>>moved to legacy support. NVIDIA nForce products will not be supported for Windows 8 and later >>>Windows operating systems.

Not a promising sign....

Sorry this didn't help.

This device is the nForce Memory Controller

I checked nVidia's site...and found the following:
>>>>Driver support for NVIDIA® nForce ™ motherboard chipsets and their components have been >>>>moved to legacy support. NVIDIA nForce products will not be supported for Windows 8 and later >>>Windows operating systems.

Not a promising sign....
I have to agree :( I feel "a little" dissapointed. The motherboard is not so old. When I bought it it was one of the premium motherboards (and one of the most expensive).  There were problems with this chipset (780 sli) from the very begining. When I bought it I had to swap my asus made motherboard to evga because asus couldn't get the bios right . And now nvidia drops the support... What's going on? I feel cheated as a premium user and an early adopter. Lesson learnt: don't buy anything expensive and on the edge. Buy medium, stay low. Use windows XP. It's your money after all. I can understand (not justify) for example why they had dropped suport for midi ports - hardly anyone uses them nowadays, but why do they exclude many users who had the "luck" to buy what was believed the best mobos then?
Going to try and install newest bios from evga site, and reinstall drivers for the chipset and network when I have a little time.

Sorry this didn't help.