Question

Q: Windows 8.1 install Error code 0x80070652

Trying to download the new Windows 8.1 Pro on my machine via the App store as this is the only place i can get the option to download the Windows 8.1 pro version. I am on the 8.1 pro preview however i'm getting the following error message 

"Something happened and the Windows 8.1 Preview couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x80070652" 

I've tried disabling my Anti Virus and also have restarted the machine but still getting the same error message. 

Answer

A:

Hi,

What is the make and model of the computer?

I would suggest you to remove all the external hardware devices except mouse and keyboard and then follow these steps and then check.

Method 1:

You need to make sure that all the drivers are updated. So, I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer’s website to download the updated drivers and install them.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to clear the store cache and check.

Follow these steps to do so.

a) On the desktop screen, press Windows key + R to open run box.

b) Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then try to download and install.

Clean boot: To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135  

Note: Please refer to the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Reference:

Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorial

Let us know about the status of the issue. We would be happy to help you further.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 48,502 Last updated: July 7, 2018 Applies to: