Windows 8.1 instalation error 0x8007000E-0x2000C.And download assistant.

As you know windows 8.1 is now available in the Windows store.I download the Windows 8.1 when the downloading and preparing completed I restart the computer,when the computer was restarted  Windows 8.1 begin installing,later the computer was restarted again,but this time show a message witch says:Restoring to the earlier version. When the computer restarted again I get an error message:Windows 8.1 was unable to install.Error code:0x8007000E-0x2000c.How to fix this???Thanks for the answers!More information:The version of the Windows is Windows 8 PRO.

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2019 Views 3,075 Applies to:

Hi,

Are you using a 3rd party antivirus on your computer?

If you are using a 3rd party antivirus on your computer, disable it and check. Refer to the following steps.

a) On your Computer screen Task Bar next to System Clock.  

b) You will see the third-party Security Software Icon.  

c) Click on the third-party Security Software Icon, you will see a pop up.  

d) In that pop and select the option to disable, click on it.  

e) Now the third-party Security Software will be disabled.  

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You may try by resetting  the App cache. Refer to these steps.

a.       Press Windows key + R to open run window.

b.      Type wsreset.exe.

c.       Press OK.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, I would request you to reply us with troubleshooting result to assist you further, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Добавь памяти больше двух гигов в Parallels. Аналогичная ошибка у меня была. Полчаса тормозов и установка прошла. Потом вернешь как было.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok,I disable Windows Defender,disable Smart Screen option and UAC,also reset the Windows Store but there is no change,when I try to install Windows 8.1 I get the same error.And about the RAM memory,I don't thing that is the problem.Any other ideas???

Sorry this didn't help.

Ohh,I think to give up and install Windows 8.1 with a disk.Is this OK?And I have another problem,this time from the downloading assistant here is the link for this assistant: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only when I enter the product key the assistant says:Windows 8.1 is not available for online downloading in your country/region.I live in Bulgaria a small country in Europe.I try to run the assistant in Windows XP SP3 mode but the assistant don't support this version.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried all that and other suggestion.   I can only disable my 3rd party virus until the next boot.  Will this make a difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have also encountered the same problem as the gentleman above (0xx800700E - 0x2000C). this happened after installing 8.0 pro 64bit, accepting the automatic updates for 8.0 and then going to the store and downloading 8.1. No software was installed & it was a clean install on a blank Hard Drive! Have tried the download twice with the same result.

Had no problems upgrading my other computer's 8 when 8.1 upgrade first became available. Seem to remember downloading the file manually first and then running it! Can I still obtain the file?

Any help would be appreciated please. My internet connection is very slow and it takes ages to download anything!

Regards 

Sorry this didn't help.