Windows 8 Enterprise to Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Hi,

We are Microsoft Gold Partners.

In June, I have downloaded and installed Windows 8 Entreprise on my laptop from the Partner site.

This week, I have downloaded Windows 8.1 Enterprise from the Partner site but when I try to update my Windows 8, I have an error :

2013-10-25 20:31:49, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Media::CWizardPagePresenterAutoProductKey::OnActivate: Starting Keyless Validation.
2013-10-25 20:31:58, Error                 SP     CSetupPlatform::ResurrectNewSystem: Failure: Win32Exception: \\?\C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\newsystem.dat: Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable. [0x00000002] __cdecl UnBCL::FileStream::FileStream(const class UnBCL::String *,enum UnBCL::FileMode,enum UnBCL::FileAccess,enum UnBCL::FileShare,unsigned long)[gle=0x00000002]
2013-10-25 20:39:35, Error                 SP     CallPidGenX: PidGenX function failed on this product key. (hr = 0x8a010101)
2013-10-25 20:39:39, Error                 SP     CCopyFilesAndFolders::DoExecute: Failed to copy file J:\Sources\install.wim -> C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\install.wim. hr = 0x80070241[gle=0x00000241]
2013-10-25 20:39:39, Error                 SP     Operation failed: Copy source WIM file locally. Error: 0x80070241[gle=0x000000b7]
2013-10-25 20:39:39, Error                 CONX   Failed to apply the new system. Error code is [0x80004005][gle=0x000000b7]
2013-10-25 20:39:39, Error                 CONX   Setup has encountered an error. Error code is [0x80004005]
2013-10-25 20:39:39, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Media::CDialogModelDownlevelInstall::NotifyMessage: Error message is displayed at time of downlevel execution: Échec de l’installation de Windows 8.1

I have read that I need a VLSC account but I don't have it. How can I update my Windows 8 Enterprise without doing a clean install ?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Windows 8.1 Enterprise is available exclusively as a benefit of Microsoft Software Assurance through Volume Licensing programs such as Select Plus, Enterprise Agreement, and Enterprise Subscription Agreement.

Note: If your organization acquired Windows 8 Pro through a volume license agreement, your organization is licensed for Windows 8.1 Pro even if your Software Assurance for the Windows desktop operating system expired prior to the release of Windows 8.1 Pro. This does not apply to Windows 8 Enterprise; you must have active Software Assurance for the Windows desktop operating system to have rights to Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Refer to these articles to know more: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/windows8-1.aspx#tab=3

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/software-assurance/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/licensing/Default.aspx

For further assistance, I would suggest you to post this question in the TechNet Windows 8 IT Pro Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w8itpro

Thanks.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.
As Microsoft Gold Partner, I can download  and use Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise edition for internal use, no ?
On the partner web site, I see in rights column 140 for Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise and I can download an iso and a product key :
In June, I have susccessfully downloaded, installed and registrer Windows 8 Enterprise from the partner web site.
It seems that I can install Windows 8.1 Enterprise but I can't update my Windows 8 Enterprise.

Best regards,

Olivier

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have downloaded again the iso and it has worked.

Sorry to bother you.

Olivier

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2019 Views 3,570 Applies to: