Question

Q: Trouble installing Windows 8.1 - ACPI BIOS ERROR

Hi. I've just tried to install the new windows 8.1 on my Samsung series 5 laptop. Everything when fine, until it was supposed to restart. The Samsung logo pops up, then the classic windows logo, and then.. a blue screen pops up, telling me that there's a problem, and it tells me to search "ACPI BIOS ERROR" on the internett. The program tries to restart over and over and over again. Still hasn't been able to get on the laptop. Can anyone please help me?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Therese,

You can refer to this thread and follow the suggestions provided by Rajesh Govind.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/tried-updating-to-windows-81-and-resulted-in-a-no/f07697b7-f62b-4838-9d6a-7eaa679ea32f

If that does not help, I would suggest you to refer to thread and follow the suggestions provided by Mechnesium and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-system/acpibioserror-boot-loop/79d0c435-c95e-427a-8a66-16c211bde65f

(Important: If you are using Samsung Recovery, then please backup all important data)

Let us know if it helps.  If the issue perists, please reply, we will be glad to assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the threads you mentioned doesn't really help. It's basically saying to go back to windows 8. There is no way that I can fix my current situation to boot into windows 8.1?

Sorry this didn't help.

Caros, 

Estou com o mesmo problema. Quando formatei a máquina realizei o Update para o Windows 8.1 e quando ele reiniciou o sistema, ele voltou com um tela azul com erro ACPI_BIOS_ERROR (0% concluído)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please select your language from the drop down list above to post your question in the language of your choice. The forum you posted in is for English only. If you do not find the desired language above, support options for additional international locations can be found by following the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I,m with the same error on my pc samsung series 5, and i can't enter in bios area, nothing works, anyone knows how fix it?  windows 8.

trouble. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gilberto,

ACPI is the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface.
You would need to clear the CMOS (loading optimized BIOS defaults). BIOS would need updating. As you are not able to enter the BIOS.  You need to first contact the manufacturer(Samsung) of your system to get help on entering the BIOS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi...the disk might be the GPT mode try to convert the Basic disk....or the other option is to update the bios if possible.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

After long, long hours dealing with this problem, I finally have a solution! It's all about BIOS! If you have updated BIOS prior to updating Windows, no problem. If you didn't, here is a solution.

1. Remove HDD

2. Insert another HDD with functional Windows.

3. Update BIOS

4. install original HDD

Windows upgrade will continue, and in about 30' everything is back to normal.

Good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the fix with us. This would help other facing similar issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear All,

None of the above solution worked for me....kindly suggest the exact solution if anybody has.

Regards

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 16,762 Last updated: May 4, 2018 Applies to: