Is windows 8.1 upgrade avialable in ISO format ?

I am Running windows 8.0 with media center (Consumer License). I just saw that MS released Windows 8.1 upgrade . But now link is available through windows Store only. I just wanted to acquire that will microsoft release the ISO type upgrade for windows 8.1. As upgrades were available in Xp and windows 7. I can't download the 2.5 gb on my very slow internet connection. I Hope that i get positive response.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The ISO will be available at a later date, store only atm.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you sure it will be available later ?? because they have mentioned  it nowhere on there site and gives only windows store an option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi natakuc4,

Microsoft never recommends downloading our software from unlicensed 3rd party sites where the quality cannot be verified.  For home users of Windows 8, the best experience happens when they update to Windows 8.1 using the Windows Store.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure it will be available later ?? because they have mentioned  it nowhere on there site and gives only windows store an option.

Microsoft has made it known there will be no .ISO file for Windows 8.1 available to the general public.

"Consumers" here really means any copies of Windows 8 that weren't purchased through Microsoft's Volume Licensing programs. So a small business with 20 PCs to upgrade, for example, will have to do them one at a time via the Windows Store so that's 20 separate 3.5GB downloads.

The Windows Store is the only way for consumers (non-enterprise, non-IT Pro) to download and install Windows 8.1. No ISOs will be made available, so each device needs to be updated individually via the Windows Store.

Can I get an ISO download for Windows 8 pro?

No. There will be no ISO for retail and OEM Windows 8. The only upgrade path is through the Windows Store if you do not have access to TechNet or MSDN. (source: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2013/10/17/windows-8-1-now-available.aspx Brandon LeBlanc in the comments "We're not releasing the ISO images to folks who don't have MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. Best way for everyone else is to update through the Windows Store. "

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate that advice.  However, I have 8.1 Preview on my Samsung Tablet ( yeah, a real mess ).  According to Microsoft I should be able to go to the store and download the upgrade.  However, the tablet can't access the Store ( no problem with the net however ).  It tells me to try again but that doesn't help.  I wanted to revert so I tried to do that, but it asked for the disk.  I placed in the 8.0 disk I purchased and it said it was not valid.  Hey, I bought it from Microsoft !

So now I'm stuck in Limbo and perhaps the only salvation is an ISO.

Where can I get a valid one ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/update-from-preview

Win8.1 preview didn't show it in the store here - I downloaded the upgrade from above following instructions for the 81 preview to 8.1   ..   never asked for product key -  Thank You Microsoft !!   So easy. 

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you can upgrade to 8.1 Release by entering this in your browser:

ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade

Beware! This will essentially screw up your system by removing all your installed apps. While that's great for folks with Metro Apps where you can just click and re-install, it is **** on all of us with Windows Desktop Apps. Sorry Microsoft, unless you can do an upgrade like from 8 to 8.1 Preview without resetting my world, I'm not jumping to RTM yet. l would however sponsor a dunk tank for the folks who thought that the upgrade should reset all my apps. The should however just be fired.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that, and it showed in the store that is was downloading / installing.  It was still on Preview.  So I tried again.  Same result.  The first time it rebooted on its own.  The second time it didn't.  It apparently downloads the software but it doesn't complete the install !  Even after rebooting, its still on Preview.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A MVP has posted the .iso installation files here:

wish it had done the trick. it directed me to a page where it says 03 Forbidden'... i am complaining everywhere i could that from 8.1 preview i tried to install by updating.. my updating proress bar (in the store) is 0% for the whole night and even now

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2019 Views 4,070 Applies to: