Has Windows SideShow been removed from Windows 8.1?

There is no longer a SideShow control panel option (CLSID {E95A4861-D57A-4be1-AD0F-35267E261739} in Windows 8), and seemingly all the associated files have been removed (Auxiliary Display .dlls and SideShow inf driver files).  Similarly, the SideShow class is absent in the registry.

Why was a feature removed in Windows 8.1 that was present in Windows 8?  I can't find any documentation online that this was happening.

If true, while this affects a small number of users, I am frustrated at why there would be a stealth removal of a feature that was removed from an incremental update.

To make things even worse, Windows Update will still try to install SideShow device drivers, and they will fail because all the driver dependencies have been removed.

If anyone has any more information about this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2018 Views 614 Applies to:
Answer

As noted, SideShow has been removed from Windows 8.1.  Thanks for your interest. =]

And also a thank you: there was a Sideshow driver that should have been removed from Windows Update, and now it has been.  Thanks for pointing out this error. =]       

Windows development team
Speaking for myself only.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hey Bro,

I checked on ma computer and it does not appear for me as well. Microsoft has changed the feature for Slide show in Windows 8.1. There seems to be no document on it but  the CLSID is being removed by Microsoft.

As for the updates few of the updates do come in which do not apply to the Windows Scenarios.

The Auxiliary Display .dlls and SideShow inf driver files have been removed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.