Errors 0xC1900101 0x2000C while updating from 8 to 8.1 on Win-Store

Hi,

I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 30, 2019 Views 10,806 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

This is caused by a driver bug check during image apply. 

1)       What is the make and model of the computer?

2)       Do you have any external devices (except the mouse and the keyboard) connected to the computer?

3)       Are you using any third party security program installed on the computer?

You may try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse and the keyboard)

Please disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse and the keyboard) and then check if you still face this issue while installing Windows 8.1. This is to check if the issue is caused by any external devices connected to the computer.

You may also try installing all the driver updates for all the devices installed on the computer and check if that resolves the issue. You may try the next methods and let’s know the result.

Method 2: Update the Device Drivers on the Computer.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c)       From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

If no driver updates are available via Windows Update, then you may install them for all the devices on the computer from the Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 drivers available for all the devices on the computer and then install them by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the troubleshooting results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

This is caused by a driver bug check during image apply. 

1)       What is the make and model of the computer?

2)       Do you have any external devices (except the mouse and the keyboard) connected to the computer?

3)       Are you using any third party security program installed on the computer?

You may try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse and the keyboard)

Please disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse and the keyboard) and then check if you still face this issue while installing Windows 8.1. This is to check if the issue is caused by any external devices connected to the computer.

You may also try installing all the driver updates for all the devices installed on the computer and check if that resolves the issue. You may try the next methods and let’s know the result.

Method 2: Update the Device Drivers on the Computer.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c)       From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

If no driver updates are available via Windows Update, then you may install them for all the devices on the computer from the Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 drivers available for all the devices on the computer and then install them by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the troubleshooting results.

Hi Vijay,

I too have the same issue. I have deactivated the antivirus, Updated all my drivers, no external usb is attached to it, uninstalled all the softwares that may cause the issue but no use.
I have an HP-Pavilion G6-2005AX laptop with AMD A-8 APU
Kindly Help.
P.S: I have downloaded the update twice but no use.
Kindly help. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

thanks for support. I had no external devices connected, all softwares are up to date. I have also removed antivirus software but still the same errors. I give up! My laptop is a VAIO: i7, 6 GB RAM, 256 SSD, I think the hardware is okay. Have to be happy with the 8 :(

Sorry this didn't help.

I an having the same problems on my Toshiba laptop. It came installed with widows 7 and I upgraded it to 8 on day 1. Now I want to get 8.1 but I am experiencing this problem. I updated a few of my drivers but to no success. I will try to update the rest. Anyone know of an easy fix?

Sorry this didn't help.

It was pre-warned that Windows previous versions would need to be re-installed, then Windows 8 and then upgrade to Windows 8.1.

You might try putting the system in clean boot and retry installing the update.

Or,

You could always use the Upgrade Assistant and create an .ISO file which may be used to install it.

http://techingiteasy.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/how-to-obtain-64-bit-installer-and-create-install-media-for-windows-8/

Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I noticed something recently and I am wondering if others can check this out and see if it is true. The error occurs during the setting things up part. During it, the computer just shuts off. When that happened I immediately turned it on and it only stayed on for a second before tuning off again. I waited longer and it stayed on longer. The longer I waited, the longer it stayed on until I got to the point where the battery charged enough. If anyone has an old handheld gaming thing (DS, gameboy, psp) and you let it run out of battery all the way, and turn it back on as soon as you plug it in, you will see it turn on and off. The longer it stays plugged in the longer it stays on until a certain point where it just stays on. This is exactly what I saw happening. This leads me to believe it is a battery error. Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears almost everyone with this issue has a tablet or laptop. What it looks like to me is the update is murdering the battery and using up way to much energy or the drivers (as mentioned above) for the battery are having issues. There are no driver updates for anything involving my battery and according to Toshiba my laptop is supported for the update. I may be completely off here. People with this issue can test it out for themselves. When your device shuts off during setup, immediately turn it back on. It should cut off pretty quickly. Give it a few minutes and it will stay on longer or successful boot. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds feasible, except for the fact that my laptop is fully charged and it was off no more than a minute before I turned it back on. My laptop stays fully charged, I do not run the battery down.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried using the links here?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

Click on the control panel

click on action center

click on troubleshooting

under the system and security click on "fix problems with windows update"

when it doesn't find anything click on try troubleshooting as an administrator

When finished, retry Windows 8.1 installation

Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same with me. I have my laptop fully charged and plugged in when this happens. I will try to post a video of it happening. 

Sorry this didn't help.

What errors are showing in Event Viewer that relate to the issue?  Do you see the following?

THERMAL SHUTDOWN\

If yes, put the system in a cool place and allow it time to cool down.

Pat

Sorry this didn't help.