Error code 0x8007025D-0x2000c when trying to update to Windows 8.1

I did a clean installation of Windows 8 yesterday (formatted my harddrive and installed via USB), then installed all available Windows Updates, and then went on to install Windows 8.1 from the Windows Store.

I have no antivirus installed, and I have also trying detaching all USB cables during the process.

The update preparation finishes fine in the Windows Store, and then the computer reboots to start the new configuration. It reaches somewhere near 50%, then reboots again, and then it says it "Restores to the previous version of Windows". After that and another reboot, I get the error message that it couldn't update to Windows 8.1, with the error code:

0x8007025D-0x2000c

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2019 Views 46,795 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I finally, somehow, solved it. For me, I messed around with the installed languages a lot. Origin Win8 installation was with English (UK) as the language, and danish as the input methods. What finally made it all work was by downloading and installing the Danish language pack, and changing the system language to Danish.

So if you've installed with English as the language, but something else for input methods etc., try setting the system language to that.

58 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.