Couldn't update to Windows 8.1 - 0xC1900101 - 0x40019

I saw the error : Driver_Corrupted_Expool and then later: 0xC1900101 - 0x40019 right before the Agreement screen after it came close to finishing the install. Then I got the frowny face saying it could not update.

Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to update my MSDN Version of Windows 8 Pro to 8.1.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2018 Views 4,934 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Yep. removed Picture Card, update ok.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I saw the error : Driver_Corrupted_Expool and then later: 0xC1900101 - 0x40019 right before the Agreement screen after it came close to finishing the install. Then I got the frowny face saying it could not update.

Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to update my MSDN Version of Windows 8 Pro to 8.1.

Hi Don

How are you trying to update?

If you are doing this through the Windows Store, I don't think this will work.

The MSDN downloads are Evaluation versions. If you have an MSDN Subscription, you can simply download Windows 8.1 RTM using that subscription.

Regards

Ronnie,

I do have an MSDN Subscription under a work email. I finally did get it to work, very early this morning on the 3rd attempt.

I found I had a USB mass storage device that had a problem, so I uninstalled it and then the 8.1 update from the windows store worked fine.

Don

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.