I CANT OPEN AUTOCAD SINCE THE MOMENT I DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 8.1 !!!!

I CANT OPEN AUTOCAD SEENS THE MOMENT I DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 8.1 !!!!
WHAT I CAN DO!
|

Hi Mary,

I would appreciate if you can provide few more information related to this issue:

1) What exactly happens when you try to open AutoCAD? Do you receive an error message?

2) Which version of AutoCAD are you using on the computer?

As far as compatibility for Autodesk AutoCAD is concerned, there are few version which are compatible with Windows 8.1. You can refer to the link to get the details:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=Windows%208.1&Locale=en-in&Architecture=X64&TextSearch=autocad&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

If the version which you are currently using is not compatible with Windows 8.1, you can uninstall the current version and then reinstall it in Windows Compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1:

Uninstall the software from the Control Panel:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file to reinstall the application before doing so;

a) Press Windows+X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Locate the AutoCAD application and right click on it. Select Uninstall.

c) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the version.

Step 2:

Follow the step to install the driver in Windows compatibility mode:

a) Right Click on the setup file for the driver. Click on Properties.

b) Go to Compatibility tab and check the box which states “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.

c) Select the version of Windows from the drop down list. (You can select the previous version of Windows on which it was working)

d) Click on OK.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer driver.

You can also refer to the link to run older program on Windows 8.1 by running the compatibility troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please let us know about the status of this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

OMG Dear Microsoft,

This is the 2nd time I got a big trouble an loss in my business because your upgrade system.  First, I have to replace ALL my 3 HP 1125 - A3 printers & 2 scanners with the new printers and scanners when I upgrade my Windows from XP to Win 7.  Because the supporting issues (and I believe this is YOUR issue).

And now, when I & my drafters upgrade all computers from Win 8 to Win 8.1, We all can't doing our projects BECAUSE we can't open the AUTOCAD.  And it really annoying and very bad situation for my business as an architect.  Because "thanks to you" we can't work for days until today.  And FYI, we're on a very tight schedule task in making design for 3 hotel buildings, 1 office building, 5 retail stores, which have to acomplished ASAP.

Sorry to say, but can you please do more realistic & user friendly to your clients before you upgrade something?  Remind this, NOT all your user is a computer genius like you are.  But MOST of them, including me and my staffs here are a common user, who can't or maybe never can't get a great understanding in computer system details.

FYI, we already tried the tips and it didn't work at all.  Our gears : DELL XPS 8500, i7, 8gb .  And All their hardware are in updated condition.  This is greatly dissapointing us.  Sorry for my english.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

go to your autocad installed directory, right click on the exe file of your autocad and choose the option compatibility troubleshoot and follow the instruction given on your screen. I have tried this with certain old programs that only run on windows that is less than windows 8.1, it is working fine now is only once a blue moon, it flags error to say this software cannot run on windows 8.1.

Ang Poon Kah

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried every type of fix online since I have upgraded to 8.1 (which was a huge mistake!).  I have tried compatibility mode, remove C++ and installing .NET Framework....no difference.  What is the fix Microsoft??  This is horrible.  How do I run a business when I cannot operate my key software (AutoCAD 2014).   Reading posts this has been going on way too long now! 4~5 months now.   I think you should send a full hardcopy install of version 8 (not 8.1) to all users until this is resolved.......  Next year I am going to Mac.  

Look forward to silence..... as all have had since November...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sir:

My error is (fatal error: unhandled access violation reading 0x0020 exception at 8a7d5c21h)

with autocad 2013 & 2014 when i start the program

Hossam Elzeidy

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided above and it's specific to Autocad application, I would suggest you post the same query on Autocad forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD/ct-p/8

Please let us know if you have more queries on Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2021 Views 6,446 Applies to: