How to make a screenshot and send it as an email attachment

Please, how do you make a screenshot of a web-based financial platform and be able to send it as an email attachment.

What I'm doing now is go to the website, right click on the webpage, save as, it does so as a kernel-like icon containing lots of files using 1.41Mb. In addition to that there is an Open Office.org 1.1 Text Document as a file using only 188Kb. Assuming that both of these can not be opened at the same time, tried to open the lesser file and it opens in Libre Office Writer and the page appears as off-skewed and is in html  and totally undecipherable. Using the save as type: Webpage Complete as well as HTML only and same result, totally undecipherable. I don't have a scanner, if only I could get a legible screenshot and send it as an attachment in an email, do we need a scanner in this case? Perhaps I'm not saving it in the proper format, when opening the kernel there's hundreds of files, essentially a no go there. I'm just a "babe in the woods" with computers. It all boils down to copying a webpage and sending it as an email attachment so would a jpeg be the way to do it? If so how do you enable that, I have not significantly changed anything on the computer, it's virtually at default on the Windows 8.1 operating system. Any help would be great, the solution may be simple, I just don't know where to look for it.

Thanks again,

George Bauch

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

[Original title: Nice of you to offer help]

Answer
Answer

Snipping Tool can take a picture of the web page so you can save it as PNG and share it, e.g. by email.

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 26, 2021 Views 2,431 Applies to: