No contacts in People app

Hi,

I have a number of external accounts like facebook, twitter, outlook.com connected to the People app on my pc. However, the People app doesn't show any contacts. I've disconnected and reconnected but still no contacts present. I do get updates on the tile of events in my networks.

If I go to outlook.com and access the People there then all the contacts show.

Any thoughts on how to get contacts to show in People on my pc?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might occur due to incorrect system file settings.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things do not work as expected.

Let’s first run the Apps Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc.

If issue persists, refer to the remaining steps from the help article and check.

Troubleshoot problems with an app: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Further to this you may also open the Windows Updates screen and click on “Check for Updates”. If there are nay updates related to this topic then you need to install that update and restart the computer.

Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq

Keep us informed to help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I have run the app and it detected an issue with the store and possibly with the display adapter and has marked both as fixed. There are no updates to add.

After restarting there are still no contacts in the people app. I can add a contact manually.

The People app does show updates from my social networks that It is connected to but just no contacts.

When I first open the app it has small text in the top left which says 'synchronising...' which is then followed by *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is unavailable'

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my Windows account login.

Any further assistance welcome!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply and update.

You may run the SFC scannow tool and check if the issue persists. SFC /scannow is a super-useful command you can use in any Windows version. When the SFC (System File Checker) command is used with the /scannow switch, the tool will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them as necessary. Missing and corrupt operating system files (like many DLL files) are arguably the biggest cause of major Windows issues.

Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a) Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt.

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc  /scannow and press enter.

c) After the scan, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Once the scan is done, restart the computer and ensure that the computer is up to date with the latest Windows Updates.

Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq

Keep us informed to help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2019 Views 111 Applies to: