Windows 8.1 Pro refuses to install Adobe Photoshop CS4

Trying to install Photoshop CS4 on Windows 8.1 Pro. During the Adobe Photoshop CS4 Installer: Initializing pop up window the install stalls at about 80% while Checking System Profile.
|

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the compatibility of the Adobe Photoshop CS4.

For this you can refer to the link and please follow the steps and see if it helps

You can also visit:

Disclaimers:

1: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

2: User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

3. The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

4. It may ask for Windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Anusha

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Not helpful at all.

How do I uninstall a partially installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 on Windows 8.1 Pro?

Then if I can uninstall it, how do I install it completely?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2020 Views 357 Applies to: